SUSE Linux with a SQL Server connection

Hello,

We have Integration Server running on a SUSE Linux machine. We need to connect a package to as SQL server db. We have placed the JDBC driver jar file in the directory /webMethods6/IntegrationServer/lib/jars/. The JDBC driver is Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver (Driver Class String = “com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver”).

Now we are trying to configure the adapter in the administrator but we are getting the following error:

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource MontclairPOExport:MontclairPOExport.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Is there anyone who has configured a SQL Server JDBC adapter on a SUSE Linux machine? From reading the adapter manual, it didn’t look like this is supported.

Thanks!

Hi,

which Adapter are you trying to use? WmDB or JDBCAdapter?

From the Error message I assume you are triyng to use JDBCAdapter.
JDBCAdapter is using a DataSource not the Driver directly, so in the configuration screen for the connection you need to specify the DataSource class, not the driver class.

Currently I dont see any limitation why connecting from Linux to a MS SQL Server should not work.

Regards,
Holger

hai,
the data source name u give like this String = com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource and i think it will work for u as far i have done in my experience i have used the data source name not the driver name directly just check this give the data source name like this and contact if its not working still…

regards,
ravi kiran