Sun cluster + Broker monitor

I have 2 brokers running on sun cluster, sharing the same territory (SAN) and configured on the same resource group.
Every day almost at the same time, both broker servers go down, causing the cluster failover (only for this rsource group). I am getting this error, .

Apr 9 15:31:50 -20 awbrokermon: [ID 702911 local5.alert] #1023 Cannot bind main socket to port 6850: Address already i
n use – Another Broker Server may be running already. – [EXITING]
Apr 9 16:12:11 20 awbrokermon: [ID 702911 local5.alert] #1023 Cannot bind main socket to port 6850: Address already i
n use – Another Broker Server may be running already. – [EXITING]
Apr 9 16:15:18 -20 last message repeated 1 time

I do appreciate any help

mairag

Was broker installed in a high availability configuration for a Sun cluster?

Having just done this yesterday for AIX HACMP 5.4, I can attest to the fact that it requires attention to details both to install Broker successfully and to setup the cluster properly.

No way to answer your question without knowing how your Sun cluster was configured, what start/stop scripts the cluster calls upon failover/failback and what monitoring conditions the cluster uses to determine whether to failover. webMethods PS provides scripts to probe the brokers (probably using broker_ping) and kick off a failover if the probe fails a specified number of times.

WM will usually not support a Broker HA config unless PS was retained to do the initial config and testing or at least to audit what you and your OS sysadmin setup.

HTH,

Mark

Thank you very much, problem related with port 6850 is solved, the cluster script that is starting the broker servers was trying to startup the broker monitor, but I am still having problems with Broker servers, I can’t find any reason about why they are getting down, almost daily at the same hour.

Thank

Thank you very much, problem related with port 6850 is solved, the cluster script that is starting the broker servers was trying to startup the broker monitor, but I am still having problems with Broker servers :frowning: , I can’t find any reason about why they are getting down, almost daily at the same hour.

Hi!
Is me again. Problem with Broker servers were caused by a performance issue on the Storage(6320), we moved the broker servers to another storage and now it is working.

thank you!!