Storing published documents on broker to monitor

Hi,

Can we store the published documents on Broker to monitor so that we can re-submit if the subscribe part fails ? How can we configure that if it is possible. Please provide me some help.

Thanks in advance,
Srivats

Srivats,

Once you have Broker logging enabled, you set up a log publish type in the Integration Server’s client group on the Broker.

You can then use webMethods monitor to examine and re-submit documents from the Broker.

See the Logging and Monitoring guide for more details.

-Mark

Srivats,
I agree with Mark as well. The Logging and Monitoring guide is a good place to start. One thing to keep in mind is performance and data retention. There are several ways to “re-submit” services. Logging the document is one way, auditing the service is another.

If you only need to re-submit on error only then audit, error only can be a good option. If you need to log everything then logging is probably better than the audit service. The other word of warning is, make sure the business process supports modifying the data in the Integration Layer as this can cause data integrity problems with your source and targets.

markg
http://darth.homelinux.net

Hi,

Thank you very much. I will read the Logging and monitoring guide. I think re-submitting a document when there is an error is a good option.

Thanks & Regards,
Srivats

I coudn’t agree with you more. As the other Mark says, make sure you don’t create a Financial Audit problem by altering production data without approval.

It’s nice to be able to look at the data as the Broker sees it.