Statless Property for all kind of services.

Hello There,

Is it a best practice to set statless property to ‘true’ for all the main services(exposed to outside world/entering point of the service), utility services, webservice connectors, adapter services etc… or we are good enough if we set stateless to ‘true’ for all the main services.

Many Thanks,
Veera

Hello,

If the service is atomic ie not a part of multi service transaction set the stateless property to “true”. I generally maintain this practice for main as well as sub services.

I dunno if it is a “best practice” (what does that really mean anyway?) but it is a reasonable thing to do. Indeed, I wish the default setting was stateless as that is what 99% of externally called services should be.

Sasank/Reamon,

With the above discussion, I believe setting ‘stateless’ property should be true for all the externally called services.

For a high traffic environment (services) can we state this way - the ‘stateless’ property should be set to true for all the externally called services and as well as all the utility services.

Many Thanks for your inputs,
Veera

Only “top-level” services matter. If “utility services” are top-level, then setting them stateless is useful. If they are only called by other IS services, then it doesn’t matter.

Thanks Reamon.