Static Java methods behaving weird

Hi all,
I’m not much used in patch promoting the services.
I work in IS 6.5. I’ve created two java services in a folder which is promoted as package
from dev to test.Then i did an enhancement in one of those java service which is an alteration in the shared static method.Now, when i tried to patch promote i’m facing the issues.

Trial#1: Promoted only the java service which i’ve changed.
Result: The .java file for the service got changed but the static method shared by those two java services remains the same.

Trial#2: Promoted both the java service inside the folder.
Result: The .java file for the service got changed but the static method shared by those two java services remains the same.

Trial#3: Deleted both the services in the test environment and then Promoted both the java service which i’ve changed.
Result: The .java file for the service got changed shockingly i couldn’t see any implementation in the shared tab for all the java services in the IS but when i execute it the service is working fine as expected.

I tried reloading the packages even i restarted the IS nothing helps. Only difference i could see in the test env than the dev env is the compiler is disabled in the extended settings of the test IS.

Please somebody suggest me the safe way of promoting these java services without any of the above mentioned issues.

Hi,

If your patch contains the below files, then it should work fine.

1. .class file (named after the folder).
  2. .java file (named after the folder)
  3. For each java service, servicename.frag and node.ndf
    Pls check.

Cheers
Guna

Hi,

When you state that the ‘shared method doesn’t change’, do you mean the actual code in the shared tab or the execution of the shared method?

Chris