start IS encounter errors

When I start our webMethods Integration Server,it always encounters the errors which says"Cannot open stream.Location:‘dbconfig:/db.xml’",our webMethods version is 8.2,64 bits,pls advise how to resolve this issue.

Do you have a MWS installed and configured?

After the MWS is functional, create a JDBC-pool in IS pointing to the database schema of the IS, assign it to the “Central Users” function, test the pool and the function and restart the function.

Additionally the IS should be stopped and started over.

The Error should be gone afterwards.

HTH.

Regards,
Holger

Hi,

I’m trying to start the IS in web Methods,But it’s not starting
I’ve checked server log also but in logs i’m getting following error continuously

2014-03-31 09:48:19 BST [LGU.0002.0001E] Error getting broker log length: The connection is closed. (Broker@10.*****)

Hi Satya,

please provide more details from the server.log.

The message posted should not hinder the IS to complete ist startup sequence.

Also check if the broker server is up and running as well as the status of the IS-Package WmLogUtil.
Is the Messaging configured in IS to point to the right Broker?

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

The message which I posted is not coming by starting by broker server.

I’ve try to start IS again and also i’ve check the logs from server log, this time there is no logs related to IS start up sequence.

Regards,
Satya

Hi Holger,

I’ve got some logs from sever log while starting the IS. Hope it will help to find the root cause .
Could you please give some suggestion to resolve the issue

2014-03-31 14:42:52 BST [ISS.0025.0001C] Integration Server 8.2.2.0 Build 209
2014-03-31 14:42:53 BST [ISS.0025.0006I] License Manager started
2014-03-31 14:42:54 BST [ISS.0025.0050W] The JCE Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy File was not found. Please install it.
2014-03-31 14:42:54 BST [ISS.0025.0041I] FIPS mode not initialized
2014-03-31 14:42:56 BST [BAS.0123.0001I] FSData full consistency check is being performed. Db:WmRepository4/RepoV4
2014-03-31 14:42:57 BST [ISS.0025.0017I] Repository Manager started
2014-03-31 14:42:58 BST [ISS.0025.0024I] JDBC Connection Manager started
2014-03-31 14:42:58 BST [Error.DBMessageStore.nitializationE] Failed to initialize DB message store.
2014-03-31 14:42:58 BST [Error.DBMessageStore.nitializationE] Failed to initialize DB message store.
2014-03-31 14:42:58 BST [Error.DB.onnectionE] Message not found for messageKey Error.DB.Connection
2014-03-31 14:42:58 BST [WmAuditingSC.queue.2025W] Caught exception detecting orphaned queues: Failed to start database ‘AUDITINGSC’, see the next exception for details.
2014-03-31 14:42:59 BST [Error.DB.onnectionE] Message not found for messageKey Error.DB.Connection
2014-03-31 14:42:59 BST [WmAuditingSC.main.5011E] Failed to start queue ‘GuaranteedRetryQueue’; reason ‘Failed to start queue ‘GuaranteedRetryQueue’’
2014-03-31 14:42:59 BST [ISS.0095.9998C] AuditLogManager Exception: com.wm.app.audit.AuditException: [BAA.0002.0000] Wrapped Exception: com.webMethods.sc.auditing.API.WmAuditException: Failed to start queue ‘GuaranteedRetryQueue’; reason ‘Failed to start queue ‘GuaranteedRetryQueue’’
com.webMethods.sc.auditing.API.WmAuditException: Failed to start queue ‘GuaranteedRetryQueue’; reason ‘Failed to start queue ‘GuaranteedRetryQueue’’
at com.webMethods.sc.auditing.WmAuditingImpl.startAuditing(WmAuditingImpl.java:330)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.initAuditingComponent(AuditLogManager.java:536)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.init(AuditLogManager.java:522)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Server.initAuditLogManager(Server.java:833)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Server.run(Server.java:360)
Caused by: com.webMethods.sc.auditing.API.queue.WmAuditQueueException: Failed to start queue ‘GuaranteedRetryQueue’
at com.webMethods.sc.auditing.queue.WmGuaranteedQueue.start(WmGuaranteedQueue.java:55)
at com.webMethods.sc.auditing.WmAuditingImpl.startAuditing(WmAuditingImpl.java:325)
… 4 more
Caused by: com.webMethods.lwq.LwqException: Failed to start database ‘AUDITINGSC’, see the next exception for details.
at com.webMethods.lwq.util.DBPool.createNewConnections(DBPool.java:155)
at com.webMethods.lwq.util.DBPool.(DBPool.java:63)
at com.webMethods.lwq.util.DBPool.getInstance(DBPool.java:108)
at com.webMethods.lwq.db.AbstractDBMessageStore.getAutoCommitConnection(AbstractDBMessageStore.java:1450)
at com.webMethods.lwq.db.AbstractDBMessageStore.getNumberOfMessages(AbstractDBMessageStore.java:1394)
at com.webMethods.lwq.db.AbstractDBMessageStore.open(AbstractDBMessageStore.java:1302)
at com.webMethods.lwq.impl.QueueProvider.(QueueProvider.java:60)
at com.webMethods.lwq.impl.AbstractQueueStore.openQueue(AbstractQueueStore.java:282)
at com.webMethods.lwq.impl.AbstractQueueStore.createQueue(AbstractQueueStore.java:243)
at com.webMethods.sc.auditing.queue.WmGuaranteedQueue.start(WmGuaranteedQueue.java:47)
… 5 more
com.wm.app.audit.AuditException: [BAA.0002.0000] Wrapped Exception: com.webMethods.sc.auditing.API.WmAuditException: Failed to start queue ‘GuaranteedRetryQueue’; reason ‘Failed to start queue ‘GuaranteedRetryQueue’’
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.initAuditingComponent(AuditLogManager.java:542)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.init(AuditLogManager.java:522)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Server.initAuditLogManager(Server.java:833)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Server.run(Server.java:360)

2014-03-31 14:42:59 BST [ISS.0014.0005I] Shutting down server. Shutting Down…

Regards,
Satya

Sounds like an issue with your database system.

Please check if your database system has been started and you can connect to the is an mws schemas.

From the logs provided:
The IS tries to open the connections but without success.
Therefor it triggers an interanl shutdown hook.

Holger,Sorry for response later.
For above issue,yes,I have a MWS installed and configured,and there is an initialized JDBC-pool assigned to the function.
For the issue,when I have installed the MWS fix MWS_8.2_SP1_Fix10,the issue is resolved.

I’m facing same issue now getting these errors in log file. Please provide me solution. Satya veerendra what did you do for these errors

Is this a fresh installation? Were you able to start the IS without any errors?

Did you run the db configuration tool successfully?

Need answers for the above to assist you better.

Are you using embedded database or an external database?

Did you create the database schema?
At least “PRODUCT IntergationServer” is needed as this contains the Auditing portion.

Please check your JDBC-Pool settings:

IntegrationServer/config/jdbc/pools
IntegrationServer/config/jdbc/functions

under pools there should be a pool for each schema you have defined for IS:

• Archiving
  • MWS
  • IS
  • TN

under functions you assign the pool to the corresponding functions:
CentraUsers → MWS
Archiving → Archiving
TN → TN
IS Internal → IS
… → IS (most of the tables used by the functions are located in the IS section of the database.)