SSL certificate via keytool

I am using WM 9.7 and trying to generate cert,keystore,trust store for my POC purpose

Threads :-
http://tech.forums.softwareag.com/techjforum/posts/list/0/55162.page#204736

Followed all steps mention in this threads but i m getting struck at step 9
Kindly share knowledge

I have generated certificate,public key and trust store for server1 and server2 as per the commands mention above
BUT
While I am trying to combine both public certs to the trust store as per the commands mention in Step 9

Combine

Step 9: Add both public cert to the truststore .
keytool -import -alias Server1 -file D:\Certificates\Server1_publickey.cer -keystore D:\Certificates\Server2_trustore.jks ( This command is working good BUT 2nd commands failing with below exception)
keytool -import -alias Server2 -file D:\Certificates\Server2_publickey.cer -keystore D:\Certificates\Server1_trustore.jks
keytool -list -v -keystore D:\Certificates\Server2_trustore.jks

Exception while combining both public certs to trust store? Pls explain why it’s failing or how to combine both public certs to trust store ?

D:\webMethods\jvm\jvm\jre\bin>keytool -import -alias Server2 -file D:\Certificates\Server2_publickey.cer -keystore D:\Certificates\Server1_trustore.jks
Enter keystore password:
keytool error: java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect

Note : password used while generating cert is same and correct, so i don’t believe it was failing bcoz of password issue

Rajiv – Can you check is there any issue with Jetty.xml as earlier i had observed this error because of jetty.xml issue.

Thanks,

Sorry MR i didn’t get you.

Is there any connection between Jetty.xml and this certificate issue?
can you share navigation path where is this xml location?

OR Can you try these commands at you end?

Rajiv – Earlier I had some sort of issue while working with certificates, got similar exception, during that time we edited file jetty.xml which was located @ ( \wM82\des-workplace.metadata.plugins\com.webMethods.caf.server.wmportal\previewserver\config) loc. Please do check this file. I don’t remember what I did to resolve the issue.

Thanks,