SSL and JDK1.4

We have a client application which cannot connect an webMethods 4.6 Integration Server when it�s running using a jdk 1.4. It seems that there are incompatibilities beetwen the webMethods cryptography classes and the jdk.
I appreciate any comments about.
Thank you.

The exception that it throws is the following:

com.wm.util.LocalizedCertificateException: Error in certificate chain at com.wm.security.cert.wmChainVerifier.verifyChain(wmChainVerifier.java:200) at iaik.x509.ChainVerifier.verifyChain(Unknown Source) at com.wm.security.wmTrustDecider.isTrustedPeer(wmTrustDecider.java:156) at iaik.security.ssl.x.a(Unknown Source) at iaik.security.ssl.x.b(Unknown Source) at iaik.security.ssl.x.a(Unknown Source) at iaik.security.ssl.r.d(Unknown Source) at iaik.security.ssl.SSLTransport.startHandshake(Unknown Source) at iaik.security.ssl.SSLTransport.getInputStream(Unknown Source) at iaik.security.ssl.SSLSocket.getInputStream(Unknown Source) at com.wm.net.NetURLConnection.trySSLConnect(NetURLConnection.java:579) at com.wm.net.NetURLConnection.httpsConnect(NetURLConnection.java:481) at com.wm.net.NetURLConnection.connect(NetURLConnection.java:135) at com.wm.net.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:414) at com.wm.app.b2b.client.TContext.invokeJob(TContext.java:1174) at com.wm.app.b2b.client.TContext.invokeJob(TContext.java:1130) at com.wm.app.b2b.client.TContext.setClusterServers(TContext.java:1503) at com.wm.app.b2b.client.TContext.connect(TContext.java:618) at

Integration Server doesn’t officially support the 1.4 JDK yet. Is there something particular in 1.4 that you must have?

I’m at a conference and can’t easily verify it this week, but you might be able to get this to work by removing the Sun JCE implementation from the JDK directory (you probably will want to use a separate 1.4 install).

– Tim

As a matter of fact we�re thinking about the JDK 1.4 because we did some performance tests wiht it and it�s many times more faster than the jdk1.3 with our transformation services. The problem is the client connections using HTTPS.

I�ll try your idea.

Thank you Tim.

Hi,

I want to connect my Java-Client to an IS using TContext and SSL. But I don’t know how to do it. Can you send me a code snippset, please?

Thanks.