SQL server 2008 adapter error

Any help? Error when enabling jdbc adapter for SQL Server 2008. Here is the details.

WMS 7.1.2
Windows Server 2003
LOCAL_TRANSACTION
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSource
(sqljdbc.jar downloaded from MS site for 2.0 for SQL Server 2008 and placed in IS\lib\jars and IS restarted)
server name: localhost
port: 1433
networkprotocol: tcp
all other properties take default

Error encountered [ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource XXXX_CONNECTION.conn:YYYY.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSource”.

Login failed for user ‘sa’.

If I connect to a SQL Server 2005 (just change the serverName pointing to the 2005 server), everything works fine).

Any helps?

I am pretty sure that MSSQL server 2008 is not supported by webMethods 7.1.2 yet…but you might want to check with SAG support too if there was anything latest which did not get updated in the webMethods_System_Requirements_7_1_2_and_7_2.pdf guide.

My best guess is the driver class that you will be using to connect to a 2008 server is different and might not be recognized by IS.

Cheers,
Akshith

wM does not yet support SQL server 2008

==> [URL]https://advantage.webmethods.com/advantage?targChanId=kb_home&oid=1614334190[/URL]

Jiten