SOAP Gateway runtime exception

Hi all :wink:

I’m working with EntireX Mediator v 7.4.1.1.

I’m using the SOAP gateway to invoke a web service, and TCPMon in order to monitoring the requests/responses. When I create the SOAP gateway and I configure it with the wizard, TCPMon traces the mediator WSDL request and the WS response (there is communication at least…)

The WS accepts 3 string parameters and returns another string. At runtime, this exception occurs (traced in [MediatorHome]/host/logs/DefaultComponentFactory.xbd.log):

[color=“red”]
[slf5s.start]06 jul 2005 11:58:20,296[slf5s.DATE]Thread-7[slf5s.THREAD]ERROR[slf5s.PRIORITY]xbd[slf5s.CATEGORY]- SagSequencer - 1e228bc~104eb08a242~~7fcb - SEQUENCER ERROR: sequence “http://localhost:8090/slide/users/myuser/repository/test/sequences/soapSeq.xml”, line 5, : com.softwareag.xbridge.exceptions.XException: embedded exception: java.lang.NullPointerException[slf5s.MESSAGE]
com.softwareag.xbridge.exceptions.XException: embedded exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.softwareag.xbridge.soapgateway.SoapGatewayImpl.addRawParameter(DashOB6501:1064)
at com.softwareag.xbridge.soapgateway.SoapGatewayImpl.prepareRPCCall(DashOB6501:904)
at com.softwareag.xbridge.soapgateway.SoapGatewayImpl.modify(DashOB6501:695)
at com.softwareag.xbridge.infrastructure.y.modify(DashOB6501:56)
at com.softwareag.xbridge.sequencer.KeywordSTEP.execute(DashOB6501:233)
at com.softwareag.xbridge.sequencer.SequencerImpl.execute(DashOB6501:1081)
at com.softwareag.xbridge.sequencer.SequencerImpl.dispatch(DashOB6501:753)
at com.softwareag.xbridge.infrastructure.ac.perform(DashOB6501:278)
at com.softwareag.xbridge.util.WorkerThread.run(DashOB6501:459)

[/color]

The line where the problem occurs is :

<step component="SagSoapGateway" xbd.soap.arg0.in0="parameter1" xbd.soap.arg1.in1="parameter2" xbd.soap.arg2.in2="parameter3" xbd.soap.handlefault="false" xbd.soap.operation="{{urn:myservice}}myaction" xbd.soap.port.qn="{{urn:myservice}}myservice" xbd.soap.res0.myactionReturn="" xbd.soap.service.qn="{{urn:myservice}}ServiceMyServices" xbd.soap.session="false" xbd.soap.style="rpc" xbd.soap.wsdl.url="http://localhost:9090/axis/services/myservice?wsdl" xbd.zid="N400049"/>

Any idea?

Thanks in advance :wink:

Hello Carlos,

The values to be specified in the xbd.soap.arg#… properties must be XPath expressions that return the values for the parameters for an RPC style service and appropriate document fragments for a document style service. The xbd.soap.res#… properites identify locations in the Mediator payload where the result(s) will be placed.

Hope this helps.

Thankz very much, Mike :wink:

I’ve already solved the problem yesterday. It was the typical newby question :oops: .

Despite of this, thanks 4 replying!!!

…El Charlie.