Siebel Adapter Connection problem

Hi,
I have installed Siebel 3.0 on IS6.0 SP2 and when trying to configure a Connection Alias, I get the following error, when testing the connection. I have entered all parameters correctly (even set Language to ‘ENU’):

Could not connect: [BASSIEB.1000.0002]CoreServices.checkRepositoryConnection - poolMgr.getConnection threw this: type(com.wm.siebel.ConnectionPoolException), msg([BASSIEB.5000.0008]ConnectionPool.ConnectionEntry.ctor - Code Page “646” is not supported. Use “-encoding” option to change the file encoding. - connection.connect fails; returns false)

If anyone has come across this,please respond.
Thanks

Hi Eric
judging by this error message it sounds like you are running on a UNIX based platform. Use the following instructions to fix this situation:

To enable webMethods-to-Siebel communication

1. Open your server.bat file (if Windows) or server.sh file (if UNIX).
  2. Append the following value to the JAVA_MEMSET variable:
    -Dfile.encoding=LocaleEncoding where LocalEncoding is a Local encoding that is appropriate for you.

I had a similar problem and appended “-Dfile.encoding=ISO8859_1” to the JAVA_MEMSET variable in server.bat file. Installation guide doesnot give list of encodings to choose from.

Does anyone had a problem similar to ths one?

Could not connect: [BASSIEB.1000.0002]CoreServices.checkRepositoryConnection - poolMgr.getConnection threw this: type(com.wm.siebel.ConnectionPoolException), msg([BASSIEB.5000.0008]ConnectionPool.ConnectionEntry.ctor - A newer version of software is required. Please consult your System Administrator for upgrade instructions. Would you like to continue in read-only mode? Component Version Information: Component: Av Cliente Reportes Actuate, Current Version: 0.0, Minimum Version: 26, Maximum Version: 26 Component: Av Cliente Repositorio Siebel, Current Version: 0.0, Minimum Version: 55, Maximum Version: 55 - connection.connect fails; returns false)

This message should be sent just to users with thick clients when their SRF file is not updated… Why is Siebel sending this message to the adapter ? is there any configuration on the Siebel Side to avoid this ?

Edgar,

Did you follow the installation guide, specifically did you (this is taken from the Siebel Adapter 6.0 Install Guide, page 9):

1. Import TransportsRoot_Directory\bin\wmTransport\wmTransport.sif into your Siebel
    Server�s Repository using Siebel Tools. Note: If you are using Siebel Server 7.7, you must add Siebel.jar to the CLASSPATH. You do not need to add the SiebelJI_Common.jar file.
  2. Compile your Siebel repository. Make sure you have Write access to your Siebel
    Server�s siebel.srf file.
  3. Restart your Siebel Server.

James…