Setting up 2 SAP Listener notifications for same message/idocType

Hi All,

I have an adapter notification using a template ALE listener notification-synchronous, which invokes service 1 when idoc is sent from SAP. I have created another adapter notification for the same idoc type but in a different package[invoking service 2], expecting that whenever the idoc is sent from SAP, it will trigger both service 1 and service 2.

what i observed is that service 1 is getting executed but not service 2. I pressumed since the ALE notification is of sync type, it will execute only 1 notification. I need advise on which type of notification should be used so that i can invoke 2 different services for the same IDOC type. Use of 2 different notifications is also fine.

Thanks and regards,
Kushal

Also, forgot to mention that the connection and listener is the same for both the notifications. I need to use the same connection and listener to solve this query.

Thanks and regards,
Kushal

Can you try doInvoke from the notification subscribing service and pass the same IDOC data input to the other service or other option is subscribe the same IDOC from the duplicate trigger second service as you can have multiple subscriber for the same broker document?

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

I have already tried to use async ALE notification and created 2 separate triggers for the 2 subscribing services. This works good.

But, my main aim is to achieve this with no dependency between the 2 packages. Using doInvoke will cause my 2nd package to have a dependency on the 1st package which has the service with doInvoke.

Secondly, i am thinking that even if i use the async notification path, i need to keep this notification in a common package 3. The triggers can be placed in the individual packages i.e 1 and 2 which will invoke their corresponding services. But, this will also result in a dependency for both package 1 and 2 on the notification kept in common package 3. that’s also fine as the entire common package concept works like that but complication arises as both package 1 and 2 have their own separate common packages. I am in a dilemma to decide which common package to place this notification into :frowning:

This is the reason i was trying to find a way in which i can have 2 different notifications for the same IDOC type, as this looks like the only way i can have zero dependency between the 2 packages in question i.e each package can have it’s own notification and no dependency with other packages. Looks like i have to live with this dependency or is there any other way to avoid this scenario ?

Thanking in advance,
Kushal

Depends on your env and managing IS assets (packages/flows) you can work wiht dependent package or no package dependency scenario and please follow the way where you can multiple subscribe to same IDOC pub from the Broker doc.

HTH,
RMG