Service to return top most repeating error log entries

Yes,
I’m going to keep a close eye on brainstorm in the future. I have also used this feature actively in the past and find it very useful to implement non-invasive error handler and monitoring tools.
regards,
John.

@sai-krishna.atmuri , “better” always needs qualification. What are the pros and cons? Those within the context of a given environment will help determine which option suits the need for the given constraints. There is some appeal to scripting depending upon a number of factors – which scripting language? where does it run? does it provide capabilities beyond what other options provide? Is the talent pool sufficient to support it long term, or will the knowledge disappear when the original developer leaves the company?

Good call on leveraging the events facility.

Events used to feed ElasticSearch might be a great combination. Could use the spiffy ES tools to visualize and do all sorts of other cool things.

Edit: Of course LogStash would be an alternative to consider, connecting directly with file-based or DB-based server, error, stats, audit, etc. logs that the wM components produce.

1 Like

Many thanks guys! Now I think that I have enough solution proposals :slight_smile: I did not know that I can handle all exceptions using pub.event:addSubscriber. I think that it will be useful to send the exceptions to elasticsearch.

2 Likes

You can do more than just Exception events; give the documentation a check.
Can you pick a solution, so that this is topic closed as solved?

KM

Sort of interesting and a bit odd to view the community chats the same as support tickets – something to be “closed as solved.” Why would that matter in any way?

I’ve always found that skipping directly to a “solution” (or the best fit) saves time. This is especially true with posts that are often revived by people asking “I have the same problem, how did you solve it?” without going through all the responses.

No harm, no foul eh!

1 Like

Ah, okay. I guess I was too focused on the “closed” part. Marking a response as “Selected Answer”, or "Solution, or “Solved”, etc. is definitely useful.

Indeed, I didn’t word it right with “closed” :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.