Security in WebMethods

Hello,
I’m beginning with security roles and I don’t known if the security role depends of webmethod server configuration or are differents issues?
Thanks,

Could you please rephrase the question. I’m not sure what you are asking

I have been looking for information and I found articles about security roles and permissions apply MWS server. The question is webMethods security level applies to portlet or task and if involved WebMethod server?

Hi Silvia

You can give permissions to wM applications, tasks, workspaces etc using Permissions Management
(In My webMethods: Navigate > Applications > Administration > System-Wide >
Permissions Management.)

You can refer to the wM documentation for more details. Let us know if you have any queries/issues.

well, this perfect but i can define a security rol in portlet level and then assign it to the task. Now, if i launch MWS, the roles are not the same as I have defined portlet level. Then what is the relationship between security roles defined portlet level and security roles defined in MWS?
thanks

1. in web.xml, your application can define a security role for the entire web application.

<web-app ...>
    <security-role>
        <role-name>myapp-role</role-name>
    </security-role>
</web-app>

These security roles map directly to a role with the same name in MWS. When the application is being installed, if MWS doesn’t have a role with that name already, a new static role will be created automatically.

1. in portlet.xml, for each portlet a logical security realm name can be defined:

<portlet-app ...>
    <portlet>
        <security-role-ref>
            <role-name>myporlet-role</role-name>
        </security-role-ref>
    </portlet>
</portlet-app>

This, portlet security role generally maps to a security role with the same name in the web.xml (see #1). This default mapping can be overriden by using the security-role-link if you want the logical security-role in the portlet to map to some other security role in the application.

<portlet-app ...>
    <portlet>
        <security-role-ref>
            <role-name>myporlet-role</role-name>
            <role-link>myapp-role</role-link>
        </security-role-ref>
    </portlet>
</portlet-app>

…or to the name of a functional privilege defined in your application:

<portlet-app ...>
    <portlet>
        <security-role-ref>