Cumulocity IoT has been a frontrunner in offering IoT services, but what about managing the multitude of service tickets generated across various IoT devices? That’s where our Ticketing Integration Microservice steps in. It offers seamless integration of any ticketing platform with Cumulocity IoT.
Out-of-the-box, it supports integration with webMethods AgileApps. However, for other platforms like ServiceNow, ZenDesk, etc., the microservice leverages other integration platforms such as webMethods.io. In essence, it is a universal solution to merge the world of IoT management with service ticketing systems.
Installing the Ticketing Integration Microservice is straightforward. You need to download the latest version from the Releases section of the repository, switch to the Cumulocity IoT Administration app, upload the microservice zip file, and subscribe to the microservice.
As for the configuration, whether you’re integrating webMethods AgileApps or any other ticketing platform, the process has been simplified. For AgileApps, ensure that you have an AgileApps tenant that is reachable from your Cumulocity IoT tenant and a user account with appropriate permissions. For other platforms, the microservice uses Basic Authentication to access three necessary APIs.
For those who want to enhance and test the microservice locally, we provide a comprehensive guide. From setting up a proxy microservice application to acquiring bootstrap user credentials, you’ll find step-by-step instructions.
The guide also details how to clone the Git repository on your local machine and how to configure various properties in the application.properties file. The build process is also well-documented, allowing you to easily create new builds for the microservice.
- For a complete overview of the Ticketing Integration Accelerator for Cumulocity IoT, please refer to the GitHub - SoftwareAG/c8y-ticketing-integration-accelerator: Allows to integrate Cumulocity IoT with Ticketing Platforms like webMethods AgileApps, Zendesk, etc. project.
- One of the significant benefits of this tool is that it’s open-source, offering you the flexibility to use, modify, and distribute it as you see fit.
- Despite being provided as-is and without warranty or support, users can ask questions and contribute to the project, thereby enhancing its value and utility for the community.
- If you find any bug, please raise an issue directly in the GitHub repository.
- Please, feel free to share feedback and ideas by posting a reply here.
Want to help us improve the code? Check out our GitHub - SoftwareAG/contributing repository first.