Scheduler service monitoring

Hi,

We have a requirement in which we need to monitor the status of all the scheduler services and if any scheduler goes down, it should send an alert email.

We though to create another scheduler service which keeps checking the status of all scheduler service and if the status of any scheduler changes, it should sent an alert email. But what happen if that scheduler service itself went down.

Any suggestion ?

Hi Amit,

Any change in scheduler status will reflect in IS DB. Sorry I don’t remember the exact table and column name.

You can right a trigger or job in DB to alert the support team.

Thanks,
Pawan

The schedulers related backend table name is IS_USER_TASKS and the column STATE = 0 (indicates Active) and 2 (indicates suspended) and 1 (indicates Running)

HTH,
RMG

Yes… try to use this table and build your logic based on this.

Do we have any provision to get the status of triggers as well ?

Another way to get the status of all the schedulers is to write your own custom code using WQL (Query Language) and fetch the status from the IS Admin pages as those are nothing but the DSP pages. The only limitation is you need to execute your service on a regular interval basis to get the updated status (if using it in any portlets).

Explore WmPublic and WmRoot package…

Yes those are the 2 internal sources to look into.

HTH,
RMG

I found one table IS_TRIGGER_STATE but it doesn’t has any data. Any guess in which table i can find Trigger details.

Thanks,
RP

Can we create scheduler task suspended through DB query as well instead from Is Admin page.

I think you can update the value of STATE=2 in the table “IS_USER_TASKS”. Try this.

Thanks Amit, I will try to implement this.

I would prefer using XQL when ever possible. See pub.xml:queryXMLNode fo details (can be found in Built-in-Services Reference).

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Trigger details are not stored in the database, but in different config files, i.e. dispatch.cnf.

Please explore the pub.triggers-folder in WmPublic package as Mahesh suggested.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like