SAP Configuration in Clustered environment

Hi ,

How to configure the SAP outbound connectivity (webMethods → SAP) when our IS’s are clustered?

Whether we can do the same configuration in both IS or Is there any additional changes required?

Whether SAP ( SAP → webMethods) will be able to communicate to two IS servers using the same channel?

Regards,
Krish

Hi Krishna,

refer to SAP Adapters Installaton and Users Guide (pages 68ff) for further informations on this topic.

It is generally possible.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Thanks Holger.

I will comeback in case of any concerns on this.

Krishna – You no need to do any additional settings for SAP → wM though wM is a single or in cluster. Please spell out for any concerns.

Thanks,

Hi Krishna,

one thing to check on SAP might be the number of connections accepted as in a wM 2-node Cluster you will need twice the number of connections on SAP versus a single node installation.

Regards,
Holger

Good Point you have highlighted, somehow I don’t remember this. Thanks,

Thannks,

Holger, Thanks for the info, Can you elaborate more on this.

Krishna – It means that, lets say you have only one IS, you want to have 5 connections with SAP system which you define while creating SAP connection in IS admin page, but if you have 2 IS which are part of cluster, you have to configure 10 connections instead of 5 for the above use case.

Thanks,

Thanks.

Then it means 20 connections from both IS ( 10 from IS1 and 10 from IS2). Is it correct?
I think we need to check with SAP also whether they have any capability issues at their end correct.

Hi Krishna,

sounds correct.

Just make sure that the SAP System is able to accept that number of connections.

Regards,
Holger

Thanks Holger.