SAP Business Connector

I have installed a comunication betwen 2 SAP system using BC and a Gateway.
I can’t receive the IDOC or better the Sender/Receiver/Msg Type are EMPTY! BC does anything (any mapping etc…) is only a forworder.
I have installed also FIX 1 and FIX 2 but anything is changed. I’m using SAP 4.6.c and BC 4.7
has anyone had a similar problem?

I have a system setup from a Win2000 BC server to a number of SAP systems.

If I attempt to test connection from a SAP adaptor I recieve the following error:-

Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM GWHOST=G4P.NA.PG.COM, GWSERV=sapgw00, ASHOST=G4P.NA.PG.COM, SYSNR=00 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host ERROR max no of 100 conversations exceeded TIME Sat May 01 05:19:27 2004 RELEASE 46D COMPONENT CPIC (TCP/IP) VERSION 3 RC 466 MODULE r3cpic.c LINE 10149 COUNTER 14

If I attempt to start the associated SAP listener I receive the following error:-

Server startup failed at Sat May 01 05:05:16 EDT 2004. This is caused by either a) by erroneous server settings, b) the backend system has been shutdown, c) network problems. Will try next startup in 1 seconds.

Hi,
The gateway definition in SAP R3 must also coincide with the definition in the BC.

That can be set in the SM59 transaction

HTH
Bhavani

Hi there,

I checked at both sides and on the BC server it uses the local host and in SM59 it uses the bc server.

This also affects the basic test connection which i understood did not use the dedicated gateway.