SAP adapter with new fields for RFC

ok, we are on WM 6.5 and have an SAP adapter setup and are calling a client’s RFC. We had this working fine in our test scenario. We needed the client to add a few more fields to their RFC but they aren’t showing up.

I opened my adapter service and clicked the button “Reload values from adapter” and the new fields did not appear.
I even tried re-doing the function search and re-selecting the function and the new fields did not appear.
Lastly I tried creating a new adapter service and selecting the desired RFC and the new fields do not appear.

My contact at the customer site said the fields are there and his testing is working.

Is there anything more I can do? Is there anything I can ask him to try?

Our next step is to try to create a new RFC or rename the current RFC to see if that helps.

Any help would be appreciated.

we have tried creating a second RFC with a different name and even renaming a field in the RFC.

I can see the new RFC but not the new fields. I cannot see that the renamed field has been changed.

I’m going to open a ticket with support and will report back if they find anything interesting.

support responded to me. They recommended I bounce the IS. That resolved the issue. Hope this helps someone in the future.

“I even tried re-doing the function search and re-selecting the function and the new fields did not appear.”
This worked in IS7.1.2 and no IS bouncing required…But ultimately it should work via “Reload values from adapter” which is not happening though.

HTH,
RMG

Anything has to do with the Cache in SAP adapter ? Whenever a RFC is created, cache holds the structure from SAP… It can be found from SAP Adapter home screen. Deleting it before recreating the same RFC might help…

Clear he cache and reload the values from adapter… it will work…

– Shaik

good idea,clear the cache and reload values will do.

HTH,
RMG