SAP Adapter(RFCClient) Configuration Error

Hello,

I have installed the Enterprise SAP Adapters 4.2 Service Pack 6.
Now when i try to start the RFC Client adapter it gives the following error:

Warning: CreateProcess: C error=3, could not insure that the parameters are valid

Task: Update infosets:
Could not save infosets of document type “AdapterConfig::CRM_Lead_Source_RFCClient1”
:COM.activesw.adapter.devkit.AdapterException: Introspection failed.

java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: C error=3

Because of the errors shown above, this adapter process cannot be enabled!
You can only save this entry without enabling it.

pls help!!
Thanks in advance

Are you trying to configure this on Windows or Unix?

We had issues with the RFCClient solaris 2.6. The SAP .so files were incompatible with Solaris 2.6.

Make sure that the RFC Client libraries are in the Path

Hello,

Yes I am trying to configure the adapter on Windows.
Also i have added sapjco.jar in the classpath .

It gives me the same error even if i don’t fill in the values for say hostname ,userid etc…

You need to have like two of the RFCClient dlls for windows in the windows system path (not CLASSPATH).

All the needed native libraries(dll, so) and jars are distributed with the adapter.

When the adapter starts, it uses introspection to build the UIs for the adapter manager and for the EI configured operations.

You will get strange errors like this, if you don’t upgrade properly.
Which means shutdown apsolutely all enterprise stuff, unzip the adapter zip file, and the restart all the services, monitors and tools.
If you don’t do that, most likely you will have such errors.

It appears that you are upgrading an existing installation.
The RFCC and ALEC adapters have couple extra configuration tabs on the AdapterManage, for load balancing, and jco settings.

Let me use windows as example.
Because the classpath has changed, depending on how old version of the adapter you were using, you must do the following.

Go to:
c:\winnt\activesw\adapters40

open the adapters_< your monitor name >.cfg file

edit the systemClasspath parameter for all of your SAP adapters.

For the RFCC & RFCS adapters it must be: lib/sapjco.jar
For the ALEC & ALES adapters it must be: lib/sapjco.jar;lib/log4j-1.2.8.jar

The reason for this is that these files get generated the first time you create a monitor or you add an adapter to it. After that they don’t get refreshed by the enterprise server.

So, when we change the adapter classpath, at the adapter side, we must do this work also manually as I described above.

hope this works
vasilis

Hi

I added the required Dll’s in the system path and also edited the classpath as suggested …but the error remains the same.

I am trying all this on a P4 machine …is this the cause of error???

The error message “could not save infosets” suggests that you might have run out of space somewhere, so the adapter can not initialize properly.

You should try creating a new adapter, using your 4.2 SP6 installation.
Create a test operation and component. And try a test run.

Then look at the SAP directory in your installation for the adapter.rtp file.
It should be at:
:<install dir>\SAP<broker name><adapter name>\adapter.rtp
The file should show that you are running build 374.
The file gets refreshed every time you start up the adapter.

If you still have problems you should provide this file to the webMethods support team.

I suspect that you will not have problems running the test with a new adapter/operation. Support should be able to help you with the upgrade process.

vasili

hai all,

I am working on SAP R/3 Adapter(IS 6.1) .To get data from SAP System ,I used Function Module (BAPI_COMPANYCODE_GETLIST) .For that  Function Module i have created "SAP calling SAPBC MAP" .The MAP creates a flow service in Developer with two input fields (COMPANYCODE,COMPANYNAME) and some RETURN values .So when i gave values to those two fields, the Integration server is shutting down.Could any one please help in this problem .

Thanks in advance.