SAP adapter 7.1 upgrade

Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading our webMethods envirnment from .5 to 7.1. We have installed the WmSAP adapter package, but it is still not loaded completely and the below are the load errors. Please could you help me with this issue.

Error registering SAP Adapter with ART: Incomplete JCo installation: sapjco3.jar or native sapjco3 libraries are mis
sing.
2011-03-15 04:36:02 GMT [ISS.0028.0012I] WmSAP: Startup service (wm.sap.Admin:registerRoutingListener)
2011-03-15 04:36:03 GMT [SAP.0101.0010C] Error on cretaing routing listener: WmSAP Adapter: Error on creating new Object: [ART.114.3] Adapter Runtime: Unable
to get information about adapter type WmSAP.

Regards,
Murali

Murali,
How did you install SAP Adapter? Through installer or you tried to install WmSAP package directly? The missing jars are required in webMethods to connect with SAP… Without those Jars, you would not be able to see the SAP Adapter link in the left side of your admin page under Adapters…

Go through the SAP Adapter installation guide… Get the jar files from your SAP team and proceed.

Regards
Senthil

We used the installer to do the installation. We have downloaded the jco libraries from SAP marketplace and have installed it. But still we are seeing these errors.

Regards,
Murali

Murali,
Check in your Admin page - About link and see if you can find jars listed (sapjco3.jar, sapidoc3.jar) under WmSAP/code/jars/static…

If you can see them over there, next thing to be checked is the Jar’s version compatibility…

Senthil

I can see the following jars under WmSAP.

/opt/webMethods71/IntegrationServer/packages/WmSAP/code/jars/static/wmsap.jar
/opt/webMethods71/IntegrationServer/packages/WmSAP/code/jars/static/sapidoc3.jar
/opt/webMethods71/IntegrationServer/packages/WmSAP/code/jars/static/sapjco3.jar

BTW, please let me know how to check the version compatibility.

Regards,
Murali

basically, 3.0.x version of SAP jar files are required to work with SAP Adapter 7.1 version… have the SAP adapter latest fix installed SAP_7.1_Fix4 - SAP_7.1_Fix4… If your adapter is running in Windows, register the dll… and below is a note from wM SAP adapter installation guide…

"Important! If you installed the SAP Adapter on a Windows machine running SAP 7.10, the SAP Adapter might not appear in the Adapters list in Integration Server. This behavior occurs because as of SAP release 7.10, SAP uses the Visual Studio 2005 Compiler SP1 for x86 Windows. Required dynamic link libraries (DLLs) are usually installed with SAPinst during the installation. However, if you only use individual programs from SAP 7.10 or higher, the required DLLs might be missing from your system. See the resolution as described in SAP note 0000684106. You can find the complete SAP notes at [url]SAP Service Marketplace has been retired.

we are running the jco library version 3.0.6. the adapter fix has also been applied. And our environment is UNIX os.

Regards,
Murali

Are you able to see the SAP Adapter link in the left pane of Admin page? Can you also post if there is any error in server log file (with logging level debug)

Please see the logs when the WmSAP package was loaded the logging set to debug. We do not see the SAP adapter link in the left side of admin page.

2011-03-16 15:27:40 GMT [SAP.0101.0014I] Starting SAP services
2011-03-16 15:27:40 GMT [SAP.0101.0025C] Loading JCo libraries
2011-03-16 15:27:40 GMT [ISS.0048.9999D] Incomplete JCo installation: sapjco3.jar or native sapjco3 libraries are missing.
2011-03-16 15:27:40 GMT [SAP.0101.0007C] Error registering SAP Adapter with ART: Incomplete JCo installation: sapjco3.jar or native sapjco3 libraries are missing.
2011-03-16 15:27:40 GMT [ISS.0028.0012I] WmSAP: Startup service (wm.sap.Admin:registerRoutingListener)
2011-03-16 15:27:40 GMT [ISS.0048.9999D] WmSAP Adapter: Error on creating new Object: [ART.114.3] Adapter Runtime: Unable to get information about adapter type WmSAP.
2011-03-16 15:27:40 GMT [SAP.0101.0010C] Error on cretaing routing listener: WmSAP Adapter: Error on creating new Object: [ART.114.3] Adapter Runtime: Unable to get information about adapter type WmSAP

Regards,
Murali

It seems the process has not cleaned up the old Libraries and currently your ART is trying to make use old JCOs/Libs which were being used WmSAP 6.5

We have cleared the old JCO libraries and we have changed the server.sh to use the 64-bit JVM. Now the WmSAP package is loading completely.

Regards,
Murali

Hi,

We are facing the same issue with 32 bit machine even after using 3.0.6 SAP JCo files. All the jars in place. Lets know for the resolution.

Thanks,
Jyothi

Jyothi,

Have you removed all the old JCO lib files, if you have not removed it then the package will not load completely.
Also is your JVM-32 bit?

Regards,
Murali

Murali,

Thanks for the response.

We are using the JVM 1.5 which is inbuilt in webMethods.

Thanks,
Jyothi

Could you tell me detail path you cleared? Thanks

HI murali , Could you tell me detail path you cleared? Thanks

Hi.
check file permission, make them 777 mode

Pretty old thread you replied…anyways thanks for looking:)