Retrieving WorkFlow tasks to Weblogic Application

Hi,

I’am facing issues in connecting my Web Application running on webLogic connecting to webMethods worlflow server 6.1.

Let me explaing the scenario:-
I have a screen in my web application, in which I connect to the webMethods server, retrive the tasks for the login user, and then pass on the user actions (accept/ reject) to teh workflow app.

I use the below method in SessionFactory to connect to the workflow
WFSessionFactory.createSessionGracefully(host, user, password);

but I get an error “timed out” as shown below…

connection to rmi://10.80.2.224:9001/com.wm.zeus.pd.classrv.PDClassServer timed
out.

I tried the same in Tomcat, and it is working fine, I set up a similar policy in WebLogic as in Tomcat but still its not working.

Please let me know what could be the issue…

Thanks

Chandra

Hi,

This is in continuation to the above query…
Actually I’am getting the below root Error:-

at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:170)
com.wm.zeus.pd.pdclient.API.WFException:
Error code = 1. no workflow servers to connect java.lang.RuntimeException: unexpected exception: connection to rmi://10.80.2.224:9001/com.wm.zeus.pd.classrv.PDClassServer timed out.

The client is not able to find the workFlow server… Please let me know what could be the issue??

Thanks

Chandra

I’m also encountering same error. With a separate Java client, I was able to connect and retrieve the tasks, however, when running the Java client from within WebLogic (as a servlet), I get the same error:

com.wm.zeus.pd.pdclient.API.WFException: Error code = 1. no workflow servers to connect java.lang.RuntimeException: unexpected exception: connection to rmi://test:6001/com.wm.zeus.pd.classrv.PDClassServer timed out.

Another twist to this is if I test this all on the same box (ie running the wMIS, wMWF, and WebLogic all on the same instance), the same servlet would work fine. Just when it goes thru the network to hit the wMWF on a separate box is when I’m getting the error.

Can anyone help? I’m in an urgent need to resolve this issue. Thanks.

BTW, my setup is: wMIS 6.1, wMWF 6.1, and WebLogic Server 8.1.2.

Same here. Has anyone got it resolved…?

Last I was working with the Workflow server, the v6.1 had the problem connecting accross the firewall. Have not working on it lately. Look to see the Fixes, Patches are available to see if it is fixed or see if WF v6.5 has fixed this issue.

HTH,
Bhawesh

I have one of my users had the similar issue today. If you are sure about the port number is correct, then check for extra space, because the space matters. The user typed in "server_name:port_number " in the server input box, and get the timed out error. I had the user remove the extra space in the end and it resolve the issue.