Retrieving business process list from a script

Hello,

My client would like to receive an automatic report of MWS’ Process Instances list (responding to webm.apps.mon.biz.process.instance.list)

So I’m thinking to query WMPROCESS table from a shell script but, is it the right way ?

He needs “Start date”, “Last Updated”, “Process Name” and Status.

Thanks

Hi Laurent,

It is a good idea. I had a similar requirement and followed the same approach, Optimize tables are what I needed to access.

I don’t see any issue following the approach, the only challenge is to identify the tables and joins to extract data.

Hi,

you should check the Monitor Buit-In-Services Guide (_Monitor_Built-In_Services_Reference.pdf) for further informations.

There are services like getInstances etc.

These services are also invoked by the MWS portlets which show these informations.

Regards,
Holger

Hello and Happy New Year,

I would like to avoid to use wM services (because my client if very reluctant to non strictly business related flow on their ISes) so I would prefer to query the database directly.
The problem is to identify which tables correspond to what is displayed in MWS.

Best regards,

Laurent

Hi Laurent,

Only option is to explore the tables, you will find few tables with a specific naming convention which will help you narrow your search.
Tables starting with BAM_ are specific to business monitoring and the one with T_ are task specific.
I have been using the same approach for OFI but there is an issue going with this approach.
Personally, I have experienced the issue were the columns have been shuffled with different tables from 9.8 to 9.12. This will require additional work load with the upgrades.

Hello Laurent,

You can make use of WMPROCESSRECENT table to extract information.

Regards,
Syed Faraz Ahmed

Hi,

BAM is not installed and consequently, I can’t use related tables.

I don’t have WMPROCESSRECENT table ether in my IS schema (my client is running wM 9.7).

best regards,

Laurent

Hi Laurent,

these tables have been renamed from WM* to PRA*.

So in your case you should look for the table PRAPROCESSRECENT.

PRA stands for Process Audit

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hi Laurent,

To be precise the table name is PRA_PROCESS_RECENT

Regards,
Syed Faraz Ahmed

1 Like