Rest Based Grid widget configuration

Product/components used and version/fix level:

Cumulocity 1018.503.1

Detailed explanation of the problem:

I am trying to configure the Rest Based Grid widget on Cumulocity but it doesn’t seem to work. As an example, I tried to display the list of managed objects that I have on my tenant, so I passed the following as URL:
{{baseUrl}}/inventory/managedObjects
and set the columns names I wanted to show (a subset of the objects properties), but the widget couldn’t get the data.

Does the widget work with standard Cumulocity APIs?
What API output is expected from the widget in order to display it? Must be a list?
Is it possible to have an example of API output and relative widget configuration to show the data?

Thank you in advance for your help

Error messages / full error message screenshot / log file:

No error messages, the widget shows the columns headings but appears empty as if it couldn’t read the data from the url

Question related to a free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Production

Hi,

At this moment, this widget supports external API only.
You can raise enhancement request at: Issues · SoftwareAG/cumulocity-rest-based-grid-widget-plugin · GitHub

alternatively, you can easily customize this plugin to meet your requirement as this plugin is open source.
You can find source code at GitHub - SoftwareAG/cumulocity-rest-based-grid-widget-plugin: The Rest Based Grid Widget helps you to display API data in Grid view with configurable columns and headings. This widget also supports Nested lists, search and server side pagination, etc.. Created by Global Presales.

You can find working example in Smart Equipment Management Demo. (You can install this demo in your tenant from Demo Catalog).

Here is the example for configuration: