RecordToDocument outputs %23IMPLIED XML Tag

When using recordToDocument, there are empty XML tags that are outputed as part of my “xmldata”. In my DTD schema definition for these fields, I’ve defined them as #IMPLIED. Even though I specify the recordName attribute with the record (in recordToDocument), the empty tags are still displayed. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

Dave, this may indicate a problem with your schema.

#IMPLIED is normally associated with an attribute and not with an element. #IMPLIED indicates that the attribute does not need to be included with the tag. For example, your DTD may define the following:

<!ELEMENT someElement EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST someElement someAttribute CDATA #IMPLIED>

In this example, there is an element named “someElement” which may optionally take the attribute “someAttribute”. There is no default value for “someAttribute” and so, therefore, the attribute should be defined as #IMPLIED.

Make this adjustment and try to run the webMethods pub.web:recordToDocument service again. Hopefully, we’ll find that it is generating the empty XML tags only because it is finding the #IMPLIED tag to be invalid for an element.

I hope this helps.

Dan -

Here is how I have the element and attribute defined:

ELEMENT price EMPTY
ATTLIST price
bundleCode CDATA #IMPLIED
value CDATA #REQUIRED

The bundleCode attribute keeps showing up in my xmldata, even though there is nothing specified for bundleCode.

Thanks for your reply!

• Dave