receiving xml-files sent via http (<form ... method=&

Hi,
I am trying to deal with a xml-file I sent to the sever via the following html-code:

Send this file:

By writing the pipeline to a file I can see that all the data did get to the server. However, I am not able to do anything with the data. Using string, records or objects as input fields didn’t work. I think the problem is that the incoming data is not “pure” xml, but contained in some MIME format.
How do I get the data back to its original xml structure so that I can work with it?

Thanks for any help!!!

Holger.

I have a few suggestions.

1-Try using the mime services under the pub.mime folder to manipulate the incoming data and extract the XML.

2-Instead of sending files like so, simply open the file, select all, copy it, and paste it in a text area under variable name $xmldata.

3-The hardest choice, you can write your own content handler and plug it into the server. This is not easy to do.

I hope this helps.

How about setting the enctype in the FORM to “text/xml” (Since that is what WM expects)?

I have a few suggestions.

1-Try using the mime services under the
pub.mime folder to manipulate the
incoming data and extract the XML.
I tried that, but wM doesn’t “sees” anything coming in. When I use the way described before I can see two entries in the results page (one String “-----------------------------7d22678520296
Content-Disposition: form-data; name” and one String-List with the name: “”-----------------------------7d22678520296
Content-Disposition: form-data; nameList") I tried manipulatig this entries with stringToDocument, documentToRecord, … but it didn’t work…

2-Instead of sending files like so, simply open > the file, select all, copy
it, and paste it in a text area under variable > name $xmldata.
I think this could work. However this is not the way it was supposed to work. In order to make it as simple as possible sending the file would be the preferred way…

3-The hardest choice, you can write your own
content handler and plug it
into the server. This is not easy to do.

I don’t think I will be able to do this…

Any ideas left?

Thanks in advance,

Holger.

What you need to do is register a new content handler with the B2B Server that can handle multipart mime files like this.

webMethods Support has a package called “multipart” that they can give you along with some instructions that would let you get the file. Then you could use the services that you were talking about. I believe the main problem is that the B2B server by default only handles content of the type text/xml or text/html.