realtime smartrest disconnect server error

Hi,

I was sending a realtime disconnect to /devicecontrol/notifications using smartrest (xid 84) and received the following server error (attachment).

Short trace:

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.util.MissingFormatArgumentException: Format specifier '%s'
	at com.cumulocity.notification.service.BaseNotificationServlet.doService(BaseNotificationServlet.java:76)
	at com.cumulocity.notification.service.BaseNotificationServlet.service(BaseNotificationServlet.java:62)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)

java.util.MissingFormatArgumentException: Format specifier '%s'
	at java.util.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:2519)
	at java.util.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:2455)
	at java.lang.String.format(String.java:2940)
	at com.cumulocity.notification.service.impl.BayeuxNotificationSmartRestTransport.validateAndFormat(BayeuxNotificationSmartRestTransport.java:346)
	at com.cumulocity.notification.service.impl.BayeuxNotificationSmartRestTransport.parseToCometDRequest(BayeuxNotificationSmartRestTransport.java:335)
	at com.cumulocity.notification.service.impl.BayeuxNotificationSmartRestTransport.parseMessages(BayeuxNotificationSmartRestTransport.java:117)

c8y_server_error.html (52.2 KB)

Note: I was sending the 84 command without a realtime id which caused the server error.

Hi Timothy,

sorry for the late reply. On which tenant are you seeing it?

best regards
Michael

Hi,

I can reproduce it on option.cumulocity.com (Backend: 1005.7.5).

Hi Timothy,

thanks for your update. I asked our R&D department to have a deeper look at the problem. I will update you when I hear back from them.