I’m a student and new to XML and Tamino.
I’m learning to use Tamino to see if I can use it in my project.
I don’t know if my simple experiment makes any sense, but I did the following:
- I started by converting my relational data from Oracle, consisting in information about persons, to XML and imported it to Tamino (the TSD schema is in attachment). I have 5389 documents in the database.
- I made 2 simple queries, 1 for oracle and 1 for tamino, to retrieve the codes associated to all persons containing a specified word in the name.
Almost every query in oracle takes 0 ms to execute. Rarely takes up to 15 ms.
Almost every query in Tamino takes more than 200 ms to execute.
In both cases followed this steps:
- open connection do database
- take start time
- execute query
- take end time
- close connection to database
- show difference between times.
My question is why this enormous difference?
What is wrong with my code? (please see attachment)
Can someone help me to understand why this happens?
test.zip (3.11 KB)