publishing locally when broker is configured

i have a situation where IS has been configured to a particular broker, but now i want to publish some documents locally… is it possible to do, if it is how?

Thanks,

Christina,

Try setting the “local” parameter on pub.publish:publish to “true”. This built-in service is described in the IS Built-In Services Guide PDF found in the webm_home\Developer\doc folder.

Mark

Mark,

Our IS is configured to talk to a broker.

All publishable documents are by default pointing to the broker.

“Broker doc type” cannot be set to local in the document properties.

How can I publish documents to the broker?

Thanks,
Christina

Christina,

You can still publish to the local IS when IS is configured to use a broker. Set the value of the localPublish input parameter to “true” on the pub.publish:publish service that you are using to publish your document type.

Note: This parameter is on the invoke statement of pub.publish:publish not on the document types property settings. Of course, the doc type must be marked as publishable=true in order to be able to publish the document in the first place or to be able to subscribe to one using a trigger.

HTH,

Mark

Mark,

If webMethods is clustered using WM cluster with 3 nodes what happens if I publish a document to local IS. Will the WM repository take care of that and make that document avialable for 3 nodes or only the local IS would be able to process that document.

Ram

I believe it will be available for 3nodes of IS cluster sharing.

HTH,
RMG

Hi,

Can someone let me know the scenario in which we use to publish locally and publish to the broker???

With Regards,
Navanee

What makes you believe that? According to the pub/sub guide, “[FONT=PalatinoLinotype][SIZE=2]Only subscribers on the same Integration Server can receive and process the document.”

I have not seen any docs indicating that local publish in an IS cluster gets special treatment. AFAIK, the trigger document stores are not shared.
[/size][/font]

This is just one opinion: if you have a Broker, always publish to the Broker. In other words, never set the local variable to true on the pub.publish:publish call.

Using local publish will defeat any redundancy/load balancing/failover that you may have in place.

Thanks for correction Rob,i misunderstood the original query.

HTH
RMG

As a follow up top Rob’s last post, Christina, why do you want to publish locally? Why don’t you want to use the broker since you have one?

Roger