PublishAndWait returning receivedDocument as null

Hello,
Im using pub.publish:publishAndWait, which is returning the ‘receivedDocument’ as null.

On the publishing side:
I’ve a service which publishes ns:Request Document and expects a ns:Response Document.

On the subscribing side:
I’ve created a trigger to invoke a serivce on the receipt of ns:Request.
This service does some processing and uses
pub.publish:reply to respond back with ‘ns:Response’

I could save the pipeline in subscribing service and see the published document, however the after the timeout of publishAndWait, Im getting a null document for ‘receivedDocument’ parameter.

Please let me know if someone has an idea about whats going wrong?

Thanks in advance
Sudheer

Try increasing the timeout(waitTime). Try once leaving this field blank, as it will wait indefinitely for a reply.

Also check whether the subscribing service by itself works fine. Also, the receivedDocumentEnvelope and documentTypeName are important in the pub.publish:reply step.

HTH
BS

I found the problem, the multicast reply using pub.publish:reply is timingout. I’ve used pub.publish:deliver in place of pub.publish:reply and mapped the pubId from the Request Envelope to the destId parameter.

Sudheer wrote:
“I found the problem, the multicast reply using pub.publish:reply is timingout. I’ve used pub.publish:deliver in place of pub.publish:reply and mapped the pubId from the Request Envelope to the destId parameter.”

I would caution that perhaps you didn’t find the real problem but did a work-around. You should be able to use reply as needed. What you describe with using deliver and setting the destId is exactly what reply does with the additional behavior of using the “replyTo” field first and if not set it uses destId. Something is still wrong somewhere.

What is a “multicast reply?”