pub.publish:deliver destId problem

Hi,

I am using pub.publish:deliver service, inorder to deliver a document to workflow. I have set the destId to “workflow” , but the document is not queued to workflow queue.

My questions are:

1. Is “workflow” the correct destId ?

2. How to retrieve the client ids of all the clients of a broker?

Any suggestions or insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sagar.

I’ve not worked with Workflow but I doubt that “workflow” is the proper destId. You can use BrokerAdmin to view the client IDs on the Broker.

I would strongly discourage the use of the deliver service, however. Your particular scenario may indeed be best served by using deliver but that’s highly unlikely. It is very rare that a given integration solution must deliver messages to a specific client (request/reply notwithstanding) rather than rely on the pub/sub facilities. Use the publish service and then configure your Workflow solutions appropriately and the document will get where you need it to be.

Reamon,

I’ve not worked with Workflow but I doubt that “workflow” is the proper destId.You can use BrokerAdmin to view the client IDs on the Broker.

Can you tell me how to look up for client IDs using BrokerAdmin?

I would strongly discourage the use of the deliver service, however. Your particular scenario may indeed be best served by using deliver but that’s highly unlikely. It is very rare that a given integration solution must deliver messages to a specific client (request/reply notwithstanding) rather than rely on the pub/sub facilities. Use the publish service and then configure your Workflow solutions appropriately and the document will get where you need it to be.

I should using deliver in my scenario orelse it leads to a recursive loop.

I got it resolved.Inorder to deliver the document to workflow, the destId for pub.publish:deliver should be set to ‘ProcessStarter’

Thanks,
Sagar