pub.flow:throwExceptionForRetry

Hi,

I am trying to implement retry mechanism in my service that is being invoked by trigger and as per the process i did configure the trigger properties as per our requirement. Also placed the logic to attain the retrycount by using the pub.flow:getRetryCount svc. After that I am doing the branch on condition if retrycount<=maxretryCount then I am invoking the pub.flow:throwExceptionForRetry service. What i noticed is everytime when I am debugging the flow the pub.flow:getRetryCount executes the output value for maxRetryCount is always 0 instead of 5 ( the value I did configure in the trigger properties). I am wondering am I missing any set up in this scenario? so that it is displaying maxRetryCount as 0 instead of 5.

I am doing local publish/subscribe in the above scenario.

Thanks in advance,
CP…

Hi Chandra,

As your flow service is part of trigger service, retry properties will be as per the retry information in trigger properties not from flow service properties.
As you are tracing your flow service as a standalone service it will not able to get retry properties as set in trigger.
To test your service, you can use debug log(flow:debugLog) service to log the information in IS log and publish the document again.
Also so far I remember pub.flow:throwExceptionForRetry service will not retry the service in case of service debugging or tracing.
You have put one condition if retrycount<=maxretryCount then I am invoking the pub.flow:throwExceptionForRetry service.If the condition is only for retrying the service then no need to check the condition just invoke throwExceptionForRetry in case of some exception where needs to retry.

Thanks