pub.client.ldap:search --- multiple strings of same attribute instead of string list

I am attempting to use the pub.client.ldap:search service and all is working except in my results, if there is an ldap attribute where that object has more than one value, I see multiple strings with the same name instead of one stringList with multiple values. For example, my company’s ldap has an attribute “groupMembership” and my Person object has 6 groupMemberships. When I look myself up, I end up with 6 “groupMembership” strings in my result document instead of 1 “groupMembership” stringList with 6 entries.

We are upgrading from 7.1.3 to 9.6 and we previously used the ldap search that is now deprecated. We did not have this issue with the deprecated pub.ldap:search service.

Hi Troy,
This not an issue. this is how it works now. You are getting result. Now you have to manipulate in the way you want to see.

Hi,

I have been trying to use pub.client.ldap.search service: I am passing the following inputs:

close=no,
connectionHandle=
scope=subtree
dn=OU=GROUP,
filter=(userprincipalname=user@domain.com)
returnattribute=
returnobject=no

I am not getting any results out of document in the output.
How can we pass a numm array in returnattribute ? So that all attributes come in the output?

Thanks,
Priya

What is the accepted way of dealing with this non-standard and non-backward-compatible change? I tried setting ‘isDocumentList’ to ‘yes’, but it still returns multiple strings of the same name instead of a StringList? How do you pull these into a structure that can be looped over?

Asper my knowledge it can only be deal with writing custom java code to to fire LDAP query and form result as per requirements…