Process Model package dependencies

Hello,

Is there any Built-In service to retrieve IS packages on which a dedicated Process Model depends?

I have checked more or less all the built-in services and I cannot find one that matches my need…

Thanks,
Olivier

Hi Olivier,

which version of wM are you using?

Can you describe your requirement in details please?

You can see the dependencies for process models when trying to deploy them by using Deployer.
See Deployer Users Guide for further informations.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

I’m using wM 9.8.

My need is to automate deletion of unused Process Models.
I’m already using “pub.monitor.process.modelControl:deleteUnusedModel” for Process Model deletion.
But now I need to delete IS packages related to the unused Process Model. But I cannot get the info of which packages are related to a Process Model…

Thanks,
Olivier

Hi Olivier,

I am still curious about your use case resp. your requirement.

Can you please clarify why you want to delete unused Process Models automatically?
Where they used in the past?
Will they be required in the future (again)?

Is the process logic separated from the implementation logic in different packages?
Unfortunately Deployer is not yet able to delete Process Models via BPM-Deletion-Sets.

We are deleting the process packages via Deployer IS&TN-Deletion sets and then deleting the models from the Database using MWS Monitor UI.
When only some Models of one ProcessModel complex is to be deleted we are deploying the complete complex with the model services deleted and delete the obsolete model via Monitor UI.
The Implementation will then be deleted by partial packages selecting “Files to delete” option.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Sorry for my late answer…

The Process Models we want to delete are deprecated ones. They were used in the past, but now they have been replaced and we want to clean up the environment by deleting them. They will no more be used in future.

What I want to do is to create a DSP where I can set the Process Key I want to delete and then, using built-in services, deleting the Process Model and related Packages and JMS triggers.
I can automatically retrieve the JMS triggers related to the Process Model I want to delete (using the “wm.prt.dashboard:getProcessDetails” service), but I cannot do the same for packages related to Process Model…

Regards,
Olivier

Hi,

As Holger stated, WmDeployer is the simplest way to verify process dependencies, although its API is rather cumbersome, if you want to do it programmatically.

Another way is to the analyse the xml file in the package’s config/prt directory where all processes, documents and services the process uses are listed.

Best Regards,

1 Like