Problems with a JAR File to connect to the tamino

Hello
Eclipse Version: 2.1.1
Tamino Version: 3.1.2.1

First of all, I hope you are able to understand my English. It is not very professional, sorry. It could be helpful, if you could tell me that anyone understand (some) German.

I develop in Eclipse a Process with a XML import to Tamino. When I start the process from Eclipse it works, but when I produced a Jar ?with Eclipse/Export/JarFile? and after run the JAR File, the process cannot connect to Tamino. I don?t become an Error message. Who is the Problem?

Thank you for your help, best regards Reymond

my code:

my code:
guiMenu.setProgressBarValue(71);
DATABASE_URI = “http://localhost/TaminoDB/test1”;
XMLHeader = “<?xml version='1.0' encoding= 'UTF-8' ?>”;

//database connection
xmlObject = TXMLObject.newInstance( TDOMObjectModel.getInstance() );
connection = TConnectionFactory.getInstance().newConnection( DATABASE_URI );
xmlObjectAccessor = connection.newXMLObjectAccessor(TAccessLocation.newInstance(“ESF”), TDOMObjectModel.getInstance());

try
{
//update SHCS Patient-Record in TaminoDB
query = TQuery.newInstance(“SHCS[@id= “+ reverseValue +”]”);
tresp = xmlObjectAccessor.query( query );
String t = tresp.getQueryContentAsString();

if (tresp.hasFirstXMLObject())
{

Hello Raymond,

Can you tell me what command you are trying to run outside of Eclipse and what the error is? A possible problem is that you are trying to run your class but do not have the required jar files (TaminoAPI4J and dependancies) in the classpath.

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.

Hey Stuard

Thanks for the promptly answer.

I don’t now what you exactly mean with: "what command you are trying to run outside of Eclipse "??
I’m just start a jar File from the desktop and then with a button the process. The process convert a special text file to a xml file and import the xml data to Tamino, that’s all!!

The jar Files are in the class path, eclipse needs the jar declaration in the class path to.

Thanks for your help!!!

Reymond

Hello Reymond,

When you say “… the process cannot connect to Tamino” what error to do get? Are you printing the exception? By the way is this an applet you are running?

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.

Hey Stuart

I start the process only from a swing GUI. The reason is, that the Programme is only designed for one User.

That’s the thing; I don?t become an error message!!
When I include the Tamino input in the jar file, the process stopped when he initializing the connection and the GUI is still on the Screen.
Exactly by this Command:

xmlObject = TXMLObject.newInstance( TDOMObjectModel.getInstance() );
//connection = TConnectionFactory.getInstance().newConnection( DATABASE_URI );
//xmlObjectAccessor = connection.newXMLObjectAccessor(TAccessLocation.newInstance(“ESF”), TDOMObjectModel.getInstance());

I don?t now what I can do more…
Thank you so much!!

reymond

Hi Reymond,

I would suggest adding some debugging code into your class, especially in the area of exception handling, and printing these out. You could use log4j for this purpose.

Hope this helps.

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.