Problem with pub.remote:invoke Service

How to invoke a remote Service using pub.remote:invoke when the Remote Service which you are calling takes some parameters as input.

When you invoke a remote service, all the inputs from the current pipeline will be sent… Drop variables/docs that are not required… In case if you think, pipeline data cannot be reduced bcoz of successive actions, use the Scope option that will restrict to set of inputs being sent…

The output (all pipeline data) of the remote service will be sent back to the caller as response… See Built in services guide for more reference…

HTH
Senthil

Hi Team.

I am trying the 'pub.remote:invoke’ service to invoke an IS operation but with a user which does not has a Administrator privilege. I am getting an 'Access denied ’ error. Please suggest how can I achieve this.

Hi Team!

How to deal with the cluster during remote invoke? I have 2 nodes in a cluster and I would like to enable $clusterRetry so that invoke won’t fail if one of the nodes is down.

Thanks in advance,
Vignesh

Hi Team!

How to deal with the cluster during remote invoke? I have 2 nodes in a cluster and I would like to enable $clusterRetry so that invoke won’t fail if one of the nodes is down.

Thanks in advance,
Vignesh

Vignesh,

There are two scenarios

1. a new request is sent to the server when the node is down
  2. a request is sent and the node goes down

The first can be avoided if we configure the load balancer IP in the alias instead of the actual server.
the second will be taken care by setting the parameter ($clusterRetry) which you already pointed out to true

Hope this answers your query.

-Kishore

Thanks Kishore!

Now I have some idea to deal with the cluster.