problem with java.lang.NullPointerException

hello, dear all.
I’ve met another wired problem.
When i run the wm service, there is a java.lang.NullPointerException error returned.
Then I trace the service step by step and found this error occured when doing the getCurrentDateString service. I set the format to:yyyyMMdd_HHmmss and left other parameters empty. It’s wired that when I disabled this step or moved it to another place( say at the beginning of the service) , everything works fine. By the way, i used getCurrentDateString in the transformer. I don’t know whether this matteres.
Thanks& regards.
Nancy

hi Nancy

Does your transformer happen to be in a loop? If so, try calling the getCurrentDateString as a step, rather than a transformer in a map step.

There always seems to be problems with transformers in loops. This thread is just an example: [url]wmusers.com

Just a thought,
Cort

Thanks Cort
But neither of the parameter is a loop. It’s just a simple set value operation like currentDate=getCurrentDateString( sysdate, ‘yyyyMMddHHmmss’).

Nancy

after setting the variable to current date are u populating it in a database table ,if so check the date format accepted by the database. bec i just checked the getdatestring and it gives me the perfect string.
HTH
sri