Problem with Data Loader

Hello,
I am using Tamino 4.1.1.1 on Windows 2000 Professional.
I have a problem with Tamino Data Loader via the command line.
At the prompt, enter the command in the following format:

C:\Program Files\Software AG\Tamino\Tamino 4.1.1.1\X_Tools\Tamino_Data_Loader>
inoxmld function=load server=Heo:3209 user=Administrator collection=TaminoXQuery/Employee input=D:\MyDocuments\QnA\DataLoader\in.xml

I received the following message.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<ino:response xmlns:ino=“http://namespaces.softwareag.com/tamino/response2” xmlns:xql=“XQL FAQ (XML Query Language - Frequently Asked Questions)”>
ino:message
ino:messagelineTamino Data Loader v4.1.1.1 - Copyright (c) Software AG</ino:messageline>
ino:messagelineLoading from D:\MyDocuments\QnA\DataLoader\in.xml to Tamino on Heo:3209</ino:messageline>
ino:messagelineStart: Thu Apr 24 20:13:13 2003</ino:messageline>
ino:messagelineLoading of documents 1-3 triggered</ino:messageline>
</ino:message>
<ino:message ino:returnvalue=“8599”><ino:messagetext ino:code=“INOXME8599”>Internal error</ino:messagetext></ino:messa
ge>
ino:message
ino:messagelineCOMMIT failed - data load aborted</ino:messageline>
ino:messagelineElapsed time: 17 (s), finished: Thu Apr 24 20:13:30 2003</ino:messageline>
</ino:message>
</ino:response>

It work very well when xml instance exist in schema. But it doesn’t work when xml instance doesn’t exist.
Will you explain the reason to me? Thank you in advance.
DataLoader.zip (918 Bytes)

Hi,

I had the same problem.

Hint: start the massload using SMH. This will give you a better error message.

I had 8599 internal error with batch, SMH gave me something like ‘file not found’

Here is my interpretation:
- the massloader creates the indices for the new data outside of Tamino
- these new indeces are merged with the already existing indices inside of Tamino (if data is already present). The existing indices are exported for that purpose.

Now the error:
- for whatever reason the massloader tries to do the merge even if no indeces existed inside Tamino - file not found!

You should try to get an update for your version, the bug should be fixed.
Or as a workaround:
- load one document manually
- remember th ino:id
- do the massload
- delete the one document

regards,

Timm

Hello,

you did nothing wrong, you ran against a known problem deep down in Datastore. This normally only occurs if you try to load to an empty doctype that was previously populated (and all docs in there were deleted). As a workaround you can delete and redefine the doctype or load a document (1 is enough) via PROCESS command (e.g. with Tamino Interactive Interface).

All the best,
Hermann

hi,

is the data you intend to load in the proper format for the tamino data loader?
the sample file you sent with your question is not.
please check the following chapter in the documentation:
…Tamino/Tamino 4.1.1.1/Documentation/loaders/ugfastld.htm#input_file_format

regards,
andreas f.