Problem with CHOICE in schema : NIR Project

Hi,
I’m currently working on the final step of the software evaluation made by Cineca in Italy.
The competitor is Oracle and someone else who at the moment is unknown.
They’ve made an implementation of some law docoments for workers in XML.
They’ve already evaluated Tamino last year but have been unsatisfied from the Solaris version.

Now we are working with Tamino 2.3.1 on W2000 Professional and Solaris 7 64 bit in order to create a database containing their final XML documents and test it with the queries mentioned on their evaluation grid.

Let’s go to the problem.

Their DTD is recursive.
1) We cannot define a schema with recursive level higher than 3 (otherwise Tamino replies with “Internal Error” or nothing even if the maximum transaction duraction has been set to 30000).

The amount of documents to be stored is about 35000 for a total size of about 4GB.

2) We have defined a Collection with a schema with recursive level 2. When we try to load a document on that Collection we have the following error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
<ino:response xmlns:ino=“http://namespaces.softwareag.com/tamino/response2” xmlns:xql=“XQL FAQ (XML Query Language - Frequently Asked Questions)”>
<ino:message ino:returnvalue=“0”>
ino:messagelinedocument processing started</ino:messageline>
</ino:message>
<ino:message ino:returnvalue=“8727”>
<ino:messagetext ino:code=“INOXPE8727”>Document structure does not match schema definition (choice)</ino:messagetext>
ino:messagelineLine 250, Column 5: Document structure does not match schema definition (choice)</ino:messageline>
</ino:message>
</ino:response>

But, if I look in the line 250 of my xml document I see the following tags:

On line 250 of the used XML document we have (line 250 is where the TAG is) :

A tal fine entro maggio saranno definite normative quadro
riguardanti:

la revisione o l’abrogazione delle norme di carattere
generale contrattuali e legislative esistenti, al fine di adeguarle ai principi
della

legge 23 ottobre 1992,
n. 421
e del

decreto legislativo 3
febbraio 1993, n. 29
, e successive modificazioni ed
integrazioni;
l’individuazione di criteri per una regolazione uniforme
di altri istituti comuni all’impiego pubblico per i quali più urgente è la
necessità di adeguare la normativa esistente alla disciplina del lavoro
nell’impresa, tra cui la mobilità prevista dall’

art. 35, comma 8, del decreto
legislativo 3 febbraio 1993, n. 29
;
un accordo quadro per la definizione uniforme degli
istituti contrattuali comuni per il personale dirigenziale;
i criteri - da specificare poi in sede di comparto - per
garantire, in caso di scioperi nei servizi pubblici essenziali, la continuità
delle prestazioni indispensabili per tutelare l’interesse pubblico nel rispetto
dei diritti costituzionalmente tutelati.

The DTD, for this part of the XML definition, says:

This means that Paragrafo is really a CHOICE between Testo, Lista, Tabella, Immagine but the + sign let them be repeated.
So it is legal to have Lista after Testo !

The schema says:

<ino:node ino:name=“Paragrafo” ino:key=“CCNLpub32206” ino:obj-type=“CHOICE” ino:parent=“CCNLpub52” ino:multiplicity=“+” ino:search-type=“no” ino:map-type=“No”/>
<ino:node ino:name=“Testo” ino:key=“CCNLpub32207” ino:obj-type=“ANY” ino:parent=“CCNLpub32206” ino:multiplicity=“+” ino:search-type=“no” ino:map-type=“No”/>

<ino:node ino:name=“Lista” ino:key=“CCNLpub32218” ino:obj-type=“SEQ” ino:parent=“CCNLpub32206” ino:multiplicity=“+” ino:search-type=“no” ino:map-type=“No”/>

Also what the ino schema says seems to me to be legal.

Anyone who has an idea of what could be the problem ?

Best regards

Gianni

Hi,

try to simplify the Tamino Schema. Make it so that it cares for the relevant parts of the document. (i.e. that for all content that is searched for an index is defined, and handle the other document structure with a “generic approach”, that being: content type PCDATA, full text index on and full blown structure index.)

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi,
thank you for your reply.

Are you only talking about the first question I made ?

Regards

Gianni