Problem while using SCP in Java service

Hi,

We are using shell script to spawn scp (secure copy) in WM Java service. JVM version is 1.4.2. While trying to invoke this shell script on JVM 1.4.2 in UNIX environment, it doesnot give desired result. Either it gives the error as :

"The authenticity of host ‘hostname.com (ip address)’ can’t be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 8d:84:82:c2:bb:15:94:e1:30:e1:11:0e:3f:8b:83:24.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?"

After saying “yes”, it hangs.

OR
2) It doesnot display the value for output variables. Value will be blank and it goes back to system prompt. It doesnot hang.

So How to treat scp utility in JVM 1.4.2? Any change / configuration to be done ?

Thanks,
Asawari

From the error message, it appears that you haven’t run this script manually, so you’re being prompted each time. Review the scp man pages on how to configure this setting.

Mark

Hi,

When I tried running script manually, it gives similar problem.

Regards,
Asawari

So, you thought that somehow by running from webMethods IS, it would start working? :slight_smile:

Hi,
Don’t you think it will be better to ask a person who is in need of help, that where WM comes into picture, instead of just making fun out of it?

Basically we need to run this java service in wM itself. But it was giving some error over there. So we thought of running this java service outside wM environment. So modified Java code accordingly so that it will run outside WM for debugging purpose.
Now we are facing the problem which I specified above. Either I run shell script just like that or may be invoking the same in Java code, it is not giving me output.

Regards,
Asawari

My point is that if you script won’t run outside of IS, it will not run when invoked from IS. Why not fix the script or configure scp properly and give it another shot?

Feel free to post the code from your java service and many here will be happy to offer constructive feedback.

Mark

Asawari,

wM has a (unspported) OpenSSH package available. It’s so much easier than the IS → Java Service → Shell Script → scp chain.

More specifically, check out:
[url]https://advantage.webmethods.com/advantage?targChanId=kb_home&oid=1611654264[/url]