Problem during configuration of SVN with IntegrationServer 8.2.1

Dear All,

I am trying to configure Subversion in IntegrationServer8.2.1 to make repository accessible from IS. I did the same as mentioned in 8-2-SP1_Storing_Services_in_a_VCS.pdf file. But when i put SVN URL server gets hunged and becomes unresponsive even i was unable to open admin concole, it was too slow.
I though it might takes much time to configure SVN so I left it for 6 hours after putting the URL but didn’t get success and server gets hunged. I did following

1. Placed SVN binary distribution SPI i the system classpath
  2. Uncommented password-db=passwd parameter in svnserver.conf
  3. Updated ‘passwd’ file of SVN with new user details
  4. Then i tried to configure SVN URL in VCS>configuration>Edit configuration>Advance settings but here server gets hunges after putting the URL.

I didn’t get any error message i checked server.log, error.log,nohup.out and many mores to identify the issue but didn’t get any clue.

I am thinking it might be an issue of IS itself or may be a bug.

Please help me out.

Hello Deep,

Have you followed the guide correctly.

To configure the WmVCS package to work with Subversion
1 In Integration Server Administrator, go to the Solutions > VCS > Edit Configuration page.
2 In the Select Version Control System list, click Subversion, and then click Save Changes.
3 Restart Integration Server.

I have followed the steps and it is working fine for me.
Kind Regards,
Lutchumaya Karri Veeranna

Hi Deep:

There is a readme.txt file in “WmSubversion” package that has some configuration steps to perform. Since you didn’t mentioned about the steps in readme.txt, I assume you didn’t do it. If so, the missing steps from the “readme.txt” may help to correct your issue.

Good luck…

Hi Lutchumaya,

I have a question. Do you have any issue creating a new “flow service” from Developer ? After I have enabled VCS with “subversion 1.7.7”, I can only create versions on any existing “flow services”. When I try to create a new “flow service”, I am getting the following error:

Could not create ‘upgradetest.ServiceTest:Untitled_3’.
com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ISS.0132.9117] error running command [svn, lock, --username, benny, --password, ********]; exit value: 1; output: [svn: E155010: The node ‘/home/benny/webMethods/8_2/IntegrationServer/packages/UpgradeTest/ns/upgradetest/ServiceTest/Untitled_3/node.ndf’ was not found.]

I am not sure whether I have configuratin issue in IS version 8.2x or subversion issue.

Any idea or suggestion to fix my problem is very much appreciated…

Thanks, Ben…

I have the same problem now. Any suggestions?

Yes, this is known issue, after configuration of SVN if you create new item it is showing that error. We have raised a rquest with S/W AG and waiting for response.

Did you hear back from SAG about the resolution of this issue? Please share.

thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.