portlet

Hello everyone,

i created a page on CAF and i want to access that page from my MWS profile so what configuration i have to do on MWS to access that.

Thanks

Hi Rohit,

please provide MWS version and Fix Level.

Recent wM 9.x version (x >= 5) require a specific permission:

As SysAdmin navigate to “Folders → System → Portlets”, search your Portlet and select the arrow right to it and select “Permissions”. Grant “View only” to you (resp. Group or Role).

By Default the Group “Everyone” is granted as “None” and the Role “Admin Role” ist granted as “All”.

Regards,
Holger

Hello,

I created the page and it is running fine but i lost all other content of MWS screen the sscreen looks like a attached file you can check it and please help me out from this.

Hi Rohit,

did you specify a startpage rule for your application?

Regards,
Holger

No i didnt specify, by the way where we specify page rule?

Hi Rohit,

when you login to MWS with SysAdmin or a member of the “Admin Role” there is section dealing with these rules in the lower right of the StartPage (Administration Dashboard).

The different rules have an evaluation order, this mean when the startpage rule for your application is evaluated before the standard webMethods Administrator rule you will never see this again when both of them apply to your user:
First come, first served.

There are at least 3 types of Rules (just referring to these I have already worked with):

• Skin Rules (deal with look and feel, i.e. colors, fonts, …)
  • Shell Rules (deal with layout, i.e. header, footer, left and right panel)
  • Startpage Rules (define which page is shown first when a user logs in to MWS without providing context).

See Administering MWS Guide and CAF Development Help for further informations about this

Regards,
Holger

Hello,

Now i got this error while editing the page for droping the protlet in to form on mws sysadmin

A “java.lang.NullPointerException” occurred with the Message "at com.webMethods.portal.portlet.wm_noodle_context_wiring.NoodleWorkspaceWiringContextPortletType.getCurrentWorkspace(NoodleWorkspaceWiringContextPortletType.java:50)