Porting Xapplication based code on another machine

X-Application Version: 3.1.3, 3.1.2, 3.1.1
Tamino Version : 3.1.1
Platform : Win2k
WebContainer : Tomcat 4.0
JDK Version : 1.4.0

Hey all,
Its been a long time. I have a problem when im porting the code that I have written from another machine to mine.
I installed Tamino and followed instructions to unpack the Xapplication package. I also edited the env.cmd file as told. I even generated an application using the setup.cmd file. However I have alreadty written jsp’s for a previous project and wish to work them on my computer. Therefore I copied the entire directory containing all the jsp’s into the webapps folder in Tomcat. However when i try and process any of the jsp’s i get a error message saying

type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: sun/tools/javac/Main
Initially I even got a message saying there were some problems with the web.xml and some of the jar files that come with xapplication.
I added xapplication.jar to my classpath and also set the JAVA_HOME varible to point to my current JDK which is 1.4.0…
Can anyone help me as to what the problem is?
Thanks,
Parth

Hi,

can you give me some detailed information.
Which Version of X-Application have you used when you have developed the application, and which one are you using now ?
Do you still use the same Tomcat or did you changed the platform ?
Did you just copy or have you ‘deployed’ your application?
In general, it is easier to ‘deploy’ an application than copying it.
If you will have a look into the documentation, than you will find a chapter ‘Installation, Configuration, Deployment’ with detailed information. After deploying, you just need to adapt your ‘web.xml’ file in your ‘WEB-INF’ folder of your application to your new environment. Restart Tomcat and than it should work.

Hope that hint will help you.

Thorsten

Tomcat doesn’t find the Java compiler.

When starting Tomcat 4 it prints the JAVA_HOME setting it uses. Does Tomcat 4 print the correct setting on your machine?

Michael

Software AG Germany, Darmstadt