Portal 62 Installation Tips and Tricks

Portal 6.2 is now available for installation using the webMethods installer. This Advantage article provides some tips and tricks that will help the installation go (more) smoothly.

Mark

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Issue
Some tips/tricks for the new release of Portal 6.2.

Resolution
A couple of notes on installing the webMethods Portal 6.2:

• Uninstallation. I uninstalled Portal 6.1.5 beforehand. I suggest you do the same if you don’t need your existing Portal installation, otherwise you will have to follow the upgrade procedure. During uninstallation, make sure you also select “webMethods Common UI Framework” if it’s in the list or you will encounter severe problems with the Portal Configurator and you will have to start over.

• Installation. You need the new webMethods Installer (v6.2), which is now available on Advantage (follow the links for the regular 6.1 installer, you will end up with the 6.2 installer).

• Important Installation Notes (internal Tracking number 1-UFP47). When installing the webMethods Portal, selecting “webMethods Portal” from “Runtime Environments” in the webMethods Installer (6.2) seems to select the wrong components for the Portal installation. A mix of 6.1.5 and 6.2 components are selected (I had to uninstall/reinstall because of this).

Here is a list of components which I checked/unchecked (my Portal installation seems to work fine now):

• In the “webMethods Common UI Framework” section, the entry “Database Scripts 6.2.0” should be selected, but the entry “Database Scripts 6.1.5” is selected by default. It seems to switch back to 6.1.5 after checking on/off anything under “webMethods Portal” so be very careful. If you have the 6.1.5 scripts, you will not be able to install the Portal.
  • Under the webMethods Portal entry, the following entries should not be selected:
  • Program Files SP1 (all subcomponents) []Embedded Servers (all subcomponents) []Servers (all subcomponents) [*]Tools, Portal Server Configurator 6.1.5
  • If you use the Broker for messaging (during configuration), make sure you check out the ReadMe beforehand for last-minute information. Note that it’s not required.

Hi Mcarlson,

I am facing problem when i run the data base configurater in webMethods 7.1.2 version I am getting the following error the database i have is oracle 10 G.

[FONT=Arial Black] Script(1): C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/componenttracker/20/create/ora_ctr_c_ddl.sql

•   Script(2): C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/componenttracker/20/create/ora_ctr_c_ddl_view.sql

•   Script(3): C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/componenttracker/migrate/10_to_20/ora_ctr_m_10_to_20.sql

• Executing script : C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/componenttracker/20/create/ora_ctr_c_ddl.sql

Error: [wm-cjdbc36-0007][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00959: tablespace ‘WEBMDATA’ does not exist
ORA-06512: at line 13
ORA-01403: no data found[/font]
CREATE COMPONENTTRACKER [20] FAILED
CDC ERROR [wm-cjdbc36-0007][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00959: tablespace ‘WEBMDATA’ does not exist
ORA-01403: no data found

Suspending execution…
CDC Error: java.sql.SQLException: [wm-cjdbc36-0007][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00959: tablespace ‘WEBMDATA’ does not exist
ORA-01403: no data found

[FONT=Arial Black]------------------------------------------------------------
Summary of installation errors

Error in executing file C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/componenttracker/20/create/ora_ctr_c_ddl.sql
SQL error [wm-cjdbc36-0007][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00959: tablespace ‘WEBMDATA’ does not exist
ORA-01403: no data found[/font]

[FONT=Arial Black]------------------------------------------------------------
Database component configurator summary

Date : Mon Jul 27 17:17:14 CDT 2009
Database : Oracle
User : scott
Action : create

Following components could not be installed:

ComponentTracker 20

[/font]I have searched in various forms the solution that is provided is to create 2 table webmdata ,… but no where the structure of the table is defined. can you help how to solve the problem can you provide the tables structure with out this i can proceed further mean while i will invesigate.:mad:
Thanks
Chowdary

Hi ,

First go to your oracle enterprise manager (10g)login with your database user, and delete all the tables, indexes, views, synonyms and sequences.

then create the two table spaces “WEBMDATA” and “WEBMINDX” in your database user and again run your database configurator it will work fine.
and again if you will get errors the please let me know.

Thanks
Vikash

Hi Vikashs,

I have deleted tables, indexes, views, synonyms and sequences and created the 2 table space as you sugested.

after that is executed the script again it showing different error.

• Executing action
  • Action : create
  • Database : Oracle
  • Component : storage
  • Component version : latest
  • URL : jdbc:wm:oracle://Ravi-PC:1521;serviceName=orcl
  • User : system

• create Database Component: Storage STR

• Versions
  • Version: oracle 25 (7.0SP2)
  • Scripts create

•   Script(1): C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/storage/25/create/ora_str_c_ddl_tablespaces.sql

•   Script(2): C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/storage/25/create/ora_str_c_ddl_user.sql

• Executing script : C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/storage/25/create/ora_str_c_ddl_tablespaces.sql

• Executing script : C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/storage/25/create/ora_str_c_ddl_user.sql

CREATE STORAGE [25] SUCCESSFUL

Date : Tue Jul 28 11:22:57 CDT 2009
User : system

Successfully installed components

Storage 25

• Executing action
  • Action : create
  • Database : Oracle
  • Component : ALL
  • Component version : Latest
  • URL : jdbc:wm:oracle://Ravi-PC:1521;serviceName=orcl
  • User : system

• create Database Component: ComponentTracker CTR

• Versions
  • Version: oracle 20 (7.0)
  • Scripts create

•   Script(1): C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/componenttracker/20/create/ora_ctr_c_ddl.sql

•   Script(2): C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/componenttracker/20/create/ora_ctr_c_ddl_view.sql

•   Script(3): C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/componenttracker/migrate/10_to_20/ora_ctr_m_10_to_20.sql

• Executing script : C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/componenttracker/20/create/ora_ctr_c_ddl.sql

• Executing script : C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/componenttracker/20/create/ora_ctr_c_ddl_view.sql

Error: [wm-cjdbc36-0007][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
CREATE COMPONENTTRACKER [20] FAILED
CDC ERROR [wm-cjdbc36-0007][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
Suspending execution…
CDC Error: java.sql.SQLException: [wm-cjdbc36-0007][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Summary of installation errors

Error in executing file C:\webMethods7\common\db/scripts/oracle/componenttracker/20/create/ora_ctr_c_ddl_view.sql
SQL error [wm-cjdbc36-0007][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Date : Tue Jul 28 11:22:57 CDT 2009
User : system

Following components could not be installed:

ComponentTracker 20

Thanks for your earlier responce.

Thanks
Chowdary:mad: