Ping DB service

We are using a pub/sub model to insert the records in a database. if DB is down is for a min, then the wM’s trigger is going to be suspended. So i want to add a ping DB service in resource monitoring service.

Could you please help me on how to implement the pingDB service in resource monitoring service to check if DB is up&running or not.

Thanks in Advance…!!!

A ping will only check if the VM (i.e., machine) is up, but not the database application.

You can write an adapter service that performs a “select * from DUAL” query for Oracle, or any other simple equivalent query in other databases. Wrap this in a flow service that follows the Resource Monitoring principles/specification, et voila, you are done.

Resource Monitoring requirements are documented in the Publish Subscribe Developers Guide (link).

KM

Thanks @Venkata_Kasi_Viswanath_Mugada1 … for your help…!!!

we are using MS SQL Server as DB, so i’ll do “SELECT 1” if the query runs successfully fine, if not i’ll retry for that…

That should work, Sunil - it can even be a select query on your custom table; whatever works for you.

KM

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.