Parsing SOAP responses with multireferenced elements

I am attempting to process a SOAP response document using either a documentToRecord or a queryDocument service.

The soap response document I am working with makes use of multi-referenced elements for certain repeated values by inserting an @href element that points to an independent element containing the value.

On p 108, the webMethods “IS Soap Programming Guide” states that “The message coder always recognizes and decodes multi-referenced elements regardless of how watt.server.SOAP.useMultiReference is set.”

However, I have not found that it does does either of those things (recognizing or decoding) in my case.

I have tried using documentToRecord on a node representation of the body of the soap response message to no avail.

I can obviously write something that will be a “brute force” to replace the id tags with the values to which they point, as always, I am in search of the elegant solution (color me lazy).

Multi-referenced values are a legal part of the SOAP spec (see [url=“Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) 1.1”]Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) 1.1 Serialization Rule #5). There must be an easy way to do this, right?

Any ideas?

Mark

BTW, our project is using IS 4.6 SP2. I am using pub.client:soapHTTP to invoke the web service. The soap response document in question is the one returned by soapHTTP.

Mark