We had a production event last week where we lost guaranteed documents during migration of package update to Production. We run IS 6.1 and below is high level architecture
- Plenty of guranteed documents published to Broker and more than 2 clients for same documents which retry until successful execution.
- After migration we see 20 odd guaranteed document say ‘x’ being published but never came to the clients.
- All clients are concurrent, with capacity 10 and execution thread 1.
Below is the procedure used by our admin group to migrate packages
- On IS “Maximum Document Retrieval Threads” is reduced to 1 and wait till current number of document retreival threads is to 0.
- Deploy the new package using Admin UI.
During the above process we had no transient errors still afterwards we find 30 odd guaranteed documents logged as published but never came to the clients.
It would great if any of you guys can share if they experienced similar data/document loss during package migration which contains triggers for guaranteed documents.