Outbound Document Store

Dear Colleagues,

My following understandings are correct?

1. Until IS 8.x, the directory of Outbound Document Store can be changed at
    IS Admin > Settings > Resources > Store Settings > Edit Document Store Settings
  2. From IS 9.x, the directory of Outbound Document Store can never be changed not
    only at above but also other settings.

If 2) is wrong, please sincerely tell how to change the directory of Outbound Document Store with IS.9.X.

Best regards,
Shogo Tatsuzawa

Can you share the screen shots and your issue please?

Tatsuzawa – I don’t think so, please check 9x documentation once again. If they are supporting broker, there should be option to configure its outbound doc store.

Thannks,

In previous versions, the Outbound Document store is default to /IntegrationServer/DocumentStore. From Integration Server 8.0 onwards (including the Integration Server 8.2.2 that you are using), the Outbound Document Store is now using Integration Server internal Derby DB and stores the documents in /IntegrationServer/db/LWQ_DB_BROKER_CSQ directory. Or IS/Instances/default/IS/db/LWQ_DB_BROKER*

Please verfiy.

MR as173d-san & M@he$h-san,

Thanks for the reply very much.

the Outbound Document Store is now using Integration Server internal Derby
DB and stores the documents in /IntegrationServer/db/LWQ_DB_BROKER_CSQ directory.
Or IS/Instances/default/IS/db/LWQ_DB_BROKER*

I also confirmed the parts M@he$h-san sincerely said as above.
That is the reason I think the directory of “Outbound Document Store” cannot/should not be changed.

I investigate the failover operation between 2 set of IS & Broker 9.8 using Windows 2012 Failover Cluster.

Are the following understandings correct?

• When one Broker on host A stops & failovers to B, the documents in Outbound Document Store of IS on A
    increase to stack until the IS on A recover.
  • This is because the stacked documents in Outbound Document Store of IS on A cannot be shared with IS on B
    and IS on B cannot take over the stacked documents in Outbound Document Store of IS on A.

Best regards,
Shogo Tatsuzawa

Good question, will revert in a few mins.

Thanks,

Dear MR as173d-san,

Thanks for the prompt reply very much.
I sincerely wait for your comments.

Best regars,
Shogo Tatsuzawa

Tatsuzawa – As brokers are in active, passive state to maintain the synching of the documents, when A broker which was active came down, docs keeps getting stored as part of OBD (OutBoundDoc) store, when B broker which was passive became active. IS keeps storing the new published docs in the same Outbound document ( which is been shared by both the brokers ) store to maintain the processing order, so from the same B broker keeps processing the docs. Kindly let me know if you have some other questions. If you say both brokers are referring the diff doc store then we don’t say brokers are in cluster with active passive state.

Thanks,

Dear MR as173d-san,

Thanks for your information very much.
Please sincerely see the following summary and give any advice.

Our customer Z configured wM8.0 as below using Windows Server 2003 Microsoft Cluster Service (MSCS). 1a)Z had prepared only one shared disk (one pation P:\). The shared disk includes the data of IS document store & Broker data. 2a)When only Broker (IS) A stops, Broker A & IS A failovers together to Broker B & IS B. This operation has been successful because at 8.0 IS A can share the directory of Outbound Document Store (ODS) with IS B.

But at 9.X, IS A cannot share Outbound Document Store with IS B because of the following change.

the Outbound Document Store is now using Integration Server internal Derby
DB and stores the documents in /IntegrationServer/db/LWQ_DB_BROKER_CSQ directory.
Or IS/Instances/default/IS/db/LWQ_DB_BROKER*

So, I reccomend as below if Z wants to configure wM9.8 with the same failover using Windows Server 2012 Microsoft Windows Failover Cluster (WSFC).
1b) Z prepare 2 shared disk (2 partion P:, Q:). The one is for IS document store, the other Broker data.
2b) When Broker A stops, only Broker failover to A, IS remains on A.
(When IS A stops, only IS failover to B, Broker remains on A.)

Best regards,
Shogo Tatsuzawa

Shogo Tatsuzawa, please write to “anynonymoushelper@gmail.com” mail, i have a few things to check with yu.

Thanks,