Out of sync with the server

I have two different portlets P1 and P2, P1 has a link to P2.

P1 contains a table with a search result
P2 contains a form with the details of the product.

When in P2 I change a setting of the product and then go to P1 and make a new search the following error appears:
POP.012.0001.wm_cafshared/hidden] A server error occured. The state of this page may be out of sync with the server

Any idea ?

Thanks

That is a generic message. Do the details of that message show any further helpful information? Additionally, do the server logs show any exceptions?

In the server no messages are shown.

In the browser the full message shown are:

[POP.012.0001.wm_cafshared/hidden] A server error occured. The state of this page may be out of sync with the server.

[POP.012.0002.wm_cafshared/hidden] A client error occured processing the response from the server.

Ok, all we know for sure is that a javascript error occurred on the client when some content was being refreshed. Since we can’t find any exceptions in the server, we’ll need to diagnose on the client. Are you able to use Firefox/Firebug?

That will help in examining what content was returned from the server. It can also help pinpoint where the error on the client is occurring.

I don’t know too much about what your portlets are doing, so for now using Firebug will probably be the quickest way to get some more info.

Hi,

The debug using Mozilla it’s impossible since the CAF doesn’t work ok there at all.

I made an workaround that seems to solve the problem. Basically before the action (e.g. Search Action) we call an empty Async Hidden Command empty, this forces a sync between the browser and the server. This additional call for us it’s not a problem since this runs in a intranet, however in a internet this is an additional call :(. In any case this is only a workaround

BR

“The debug using Mozilla it’s impossible since the CAF doesn’t work ok there at all.”

Have you tried using FireBug? It is the best browser debugging tool that i know of.

Hi

The Firebug is to be used in Mozilla, right?
In Mozilla I see several CAF errors, since CAF it’s not compliant with Mozilla, so only IE is compliant.

BR
Hervê

The portlets and javascript that ship with MWS work fine with Firefox (and Firebug). I wonder if the script errors you are seeing are originating in your portlets? If so, that would be a great place to investigate.

Hi,
How are you navigating back to P1 once changes are made in P2.
Are you opening a new tab or a popup when a product link is clicked in P1 to open P1?
If a new tab is being opened then the session in P1 expires and it tries to establish the session on the first action that is performed. I guess this is the reason why you are getting the out of sync error.