Oracle RAC

Hello,

We are planning to setup the Oracle 9i RAC on our productional environments. So any one has the experience? Thanks a lot.

We are using RAC (bot 9i and then 10g) from last 3 years; using WmDB and oracle jbdc clients, there is no issue.

Maybe you need to know something different, then be more specific…

Regards,
Sandro

Hi Sandro,
Would you please let me know which JDBC driver your are using? And what is the expression of the DB URL for the WmDB,JDBC Adapter and IS JDBC Pool? I am sorry for so many questions. Thanks a lot.

dong,

For WmDB
DB URL- jdbc: oracle:thin:@ip:1521:SID
For IS JDBC pool
DB URL- jdbc:wm: oracle://ip:1521;SID=dbname

I kept space above because to get rid of the smiling buddy image!!!

Check this topic on Oracle RAC,if this helps.
[URL=“wmusers.com”]wmusers.com

HTH,
RMG

NO! :slight_smile: If you use that jdbc string, you won’t balance the connection, nor recover in case an instance goes down. We’re using something like:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(LOAD_BALANCE=ON)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=)(PORT=<port_host1>))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=)(PORT=<port_host2>)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=<that’s not the sid, it’s service name>)))

you’re driver has to support this.

Thank you all.
Hi Sandro, would you please let me know which JDBC drivers you are using for TN, WmDB and JDBC Adapter? Thanks a lot.

Is’nt it webMethods supplied Data Direct JDBC drivers be used even incase for Oracle RAC??

HTH,
RMG

we have only oracle dbs, so we use oracle jdbc clients, namely:

Implementation-Version: “Oracle JDBC Driver version - 10.1.0.5.0”
Specification-Title: “Oracle JDBC driver classes for use with JDK1. 4”
Specification-Version: “Oracle JDBC Driver version - 10.1.0.5.0”
Implementation-Title: “ojdbc14.jar”

Sandro

Thanks Sandro. You experience is very helpful for us the setup the Oracle RAC. Thanks again.

Hi Sandro,
Our DBA has setup the Oracle RAC testing environment today, but when I tried to connect it using WmDB, sometime I can connect it successfully, but sometime I got the Error “Could not connect: Io exception: Socket is not connected” or “Could not connect: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection”. But when I used the JDBC Adapter to connect the RAC DB, it works well. Here is the WmDB Alias setting I used for the test: DB URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(FAILOVER=ON)(ADDRESS_LIST=(LOAD_BALANCE=ON)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=host1)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=host2)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=b2b)))
DB Username:test
DB Password:
DB Driver:oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
Minimum Connections:0
Maximum Connections:10
Expiration Time(ms):600000. So would you please help to find what is the problem? Thanks a lot.